Super Contributor
Hi. You both posted on another thread (vit.C) that you don't use sunscreen. Not judging, but I would like to hear why you don't? Do you think that your foundation has enough protection? One of you said you did if you were out all day. Why not otherwise? I am fascinated by the fact that humans have never had bottles of stuff to buy to protect skin and now it is necess. I realize we know more about skin cancer and antiaging is obviously a kabillion (as kids would say) dollar industry. I think diet/food source is a big factor. Anyway, just wondering. ~smiles, SnowKita
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not either one of those but I hope you will include me in the discussion.  I have never used sunscreen except when I went to the beach or outside for a long period of time, but now I am interested.

Last week I had MOHS for a basal cell on my right nostral and there was not anything there visible to the naked eye.  Four hours and 4 slices later I left without half my nostral!  It is healing well but taking a while.

The Derm who did the surgery kept repeating, "Sunscreen, sunscreen, everyday."  I told  him that I wear a 50SPF sunhat with a 4" brim when I am outside to walk the dog.  He told me that I was only protecting the top of my head because the UVA & UVB rays reflect everywhere and that sunscreen is the only answer to date.

I'm curious about what you wear, how do you remove it, etc.  Don't want to go through last week again!

Super Contributor

Re: Shelbelle & hopi

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear about your nose surgery.  My dad had skin cancer and was always getting things removed.  I am an ovarian cancer survivor and am pretty neurotic about wearing sunscreen since I live in Arizona.  Many of us on the board love IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream.  It has SPF50 and is wonderful.  I replaced my foundation with this stuff!  If you have acneic skin Devita makes a wonderful SPF30 product that has never broken me out.  La Roche-Posay has some nice sunscreen products in their line.  You can go to your local drugstore and get Cerave 50 which is nice as well.  Those are my top four.

Honored Contributor

Hello, yes, I do believe that wearing a BB Cream or a foundation with at least SPF i5 is enough protection for me, I have oily skin and I cant stand the feel of a sunscreen on my skin. Now, if I were spendng the day at a beach or pool, I would use the addl. sunscreen but not just to go to work and back .