Valued Contributor

I am presently using the Nilotik Shea Butter and really like it.  I was wondering if anyone has ever used the Shea Gold Virgin Pressed Butter or the Organic Shea Butter.

If so, which do you prefer and for what reasons.  I'm going to put an order in before the end of the month and was hoping to get reviews on the other two types if anyone would care to share reviews.

Thanks in advance.

Valued Contributor

I was hoping to get some replies; anyone?  Would really appreciate some input from those familiar with it.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

HisElk, I have used all three but hesitated to reply because it's been a while and I'm not sure I will be of much help.

Interestingly, I wasn't as crazy about the Nilotica version as most people seem to be. It was a bit greasy for me for foot and body use.

I liked both the Gold and the Organik. Really, the main difference is that the Organik has been refined and deodorized (I trust the brand to do this in the best way possible), which means that it very hygienic and of course does not have any odor. The trade-off is potentially less "medicinal" benefits.

IIRC, the Gold was a tad harder in texture but still fairly easy to use. You just warm it up a it in your hands.

I'd be hard-pressed to say which one I prefer. I think if I had to choose, I would choose the Gold if I'm using it only on my body. If I'm using it on my face or on young children, I would go with the Organik.

But since you already have the Nilotica, which can be used nicely on the face, maybe the Gold would be a good option.

Not much help here. Sorry.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I haven't tried the two shea butters you mentioned, but I do love the Shea Nilotik.  Sorry, I couldn't be more helpful. 

I am loving, the newer oils, kala-bash and hibiscus. I like to use hibiscus during the day because it's  lighter and I use kala- bash at night since it is richer and more dense. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

Hi HisElk!

I am sorry but I've only tried the Nilotik and love it, mainly for my lips. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Valued Contributor

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for taking the time to post. 

SuzyQ3, your post helped me to understand the differences between the 3 of them.  I just recently started using a very small amount on my face and have been seeing some positive results, particularly with some cystic acne that I had on my chin area.  I'm seeing it helping to heal and they even some of my previous older small scars are fading with this.

Thanks again to all of you who have replied.