Honored Contributor

Shawn looks great in Giverncy lipstick

The black lipstick should be Shawn's signature color.  It gives her a softer look and you can see her lips -- really pretty on her.

Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn looks great in Giverncy lipstick

The color gives hew whole face a boost.  She should stick with it.

Valued Contributor

It really is pretty on all of them. I was watching that and thinking if it looked that good on me I would use it. Those type of lipsticks tend to look very bright on me almost purple.

Honored Contributor

I was giving that lipstick a thought but never ordered.  I thought it looked good on most of them. There was one model I didn't care for it on.  I hesitated because I really liked the IT lipstick that is clear then changes at first too.  But I realized I only like it on the first application.  As I apply throughout the day, it seems to be an odd shade.

Esteemed Contributor

@SunnyRose wrote:

It really is pretty on all of them. I was watching that and thinking if it looked that good on me I would use it. Those type of lipsticks tend to look very bright on me almost purple.

I purchased this lipstick during a special event, maybe the Ovarian Cancer?  I can't wear bright lipstick but can wear the black; I am fair skinned and the color goes on as a very soft pink, almost a light berry.... very flattering.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shawn looks great in Givenchy lipstick

I thought that the Givenchy lipstick also looked nice on Shawn and it's a lot better than the nude lip that she usually wears. I looked for this lipstick online at Sephora but it's not available on the CDN website.

(and just an FYI for the spelling of the name in case anyone wants to google this lipstick, it's Givenchy)

A259595 Givenchy Rouge Interdit Black Magic Lipstick

Honored Contributor

When I wear a lipstick with a little more color than a nude it brings out the color in my eyes.  I have a couple of nudes but they really do nothing for me unless I really add more blush.  However, I prefer a little more color in a lipstick.  It really did make a difference on how Shawn looked.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

It did look great on Shawn.  I don't care for these moodmatcher type lipticks as they turn an a bad fuscia pink on me.

Respected Contributor

What shade does it appear on lips?
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rachb wrote:
What shade does it appear on lips?

The shade goes on as a sheer soft light plum with a pink overtone.

There's a video clip of the product on QVC:

http://www.qvc.com/Givenchy-Rouge-Interdit-Black-Magic-Lipstick.product.A259595.html?sc=A259595-24HR...