Respected Contributor

Shawn and Josie Vendor are you aware of the wrong info you both gave ??

Both Shawn and Josie's guest vendor siad the Argan Oil cream (and products) has no artificial ingredients...Waaaa? Josie's products are full of chemicals. If neither of them know what they are selling, they should not be on TV. This is very - ahem....misleading.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shawn and Josie Vendor are you aware of the wrong info you both gave ??

This is so misleading.  Some Q people say anything to make a buck or two.

Honored Contributor

The Argan oil itself is organic and pure, but her formulations are just that, argan oil and other ingredients.

Respected Contributor

Maybe you'll want to get clear definitions of "chemical" & "artificial."

Everything  is made up of chemicals - air, water, you, me.  But are they artificial ingredients?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree that they should break it down as to which is natural and which is not. Not many do this, then it arrives and it's on the box :/

Or if we are lucky the ingredients will be on the online listing [as should be] most online skin stores do list ingredient's.

I'm not scared of a few "chemicals" not all are bad at all that are used for preserving since when we dip into that vat of body butter post shower/bath it does get contaminated... yet it stays fresh for me so far no rash or bad odor from the jar (eek)..and with my liquid foundations too - no probs. I do often wonder why some of her creams just can't be put on a pump even if thick it could work. OR a tube!

Many people are out there watching who are highly conscious about organic and/or natural...and when saying it is one does believe it and thus buys it only to see it was not as "described"

I'm sure there are a zillion returns for QVC with the confusion over natural and organic and addditives!

IMHO it's not the buyers fault if the vendor misleads on a show or if there are simply no ingredients are listed, or when the vendor misleads or omits even if she/he is aware but tiptoes around 'natural'.

I'd never bother to buy something unless I knew what was in the product if I was highly concerned. Whole Foods is a great place to get a good body butter and it's much more regulated....shopping channels I do not think so! maybe FDA passed.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

I"m confused.  I thought her Argan Oil was PURE Argan oil.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I"m confused.  I thought her Argan Oil was PURE Argan oil.

I believe the reference is to her other skin care products that are based on argan oil such as the body butters.

To expand on @mimi5775's post... What is "natural".  To me it is a purposely vague term overly used to market.  There is not an industry accepted definition or certification of the term in personal care use.  It's completely open to interpretation and manipulation.  So many have jumped on this bandwagon without taking the time to understand ingredients added to products and their reasons for being added.  Now vendors cater to the fear and trend.  They seem to delight in telling us things like, "There are no 'icky' ingredients in this line".  I know I have literally heard that statement either by JM or a host presenting.  So many just eat it up.  

Honored Contributor

I think this thread is what is misleading. The OP might want to look at the ingredient deck and then look up those ingredients listed to find out exactly what they are and what they do. 

Respected Contributor

baker wrote:

The Argan oil itself is organic and pure, but her formulations are just that, argan oil and other ingredients.

Please be informed - Josie's Argan oil is NOT organic. I use pure organic Argan oil from Shea organics,,,,much less expensive and no chemicals.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I think this thread is what is misleading. The OP might want to look at the ingredient deck and then look up those ingredients listed to find out exactly what they are and what they do. 

I have and I do Lipstick Diva....for many years. Simply look at Josie's ingredients. I don't like eating chemicals or putting them on my body. So I don't.