Trusted Contributor

Serious Skin Care (SSC) question

I know this is QVC and not HSN, but I swear, whenever I post a question over there (and yes....I posted this question there), you can hear the crickets chirping because nobody bothers to answer.  So............does anyone know how the SSC Glycolic Texturizing pads compare to the Peter Thomas Roth Complextion Correction Pads?  Also, does anyone know if SSC still carries the Phyto Pumpkin Scrub?  Thanks to anyone might know.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Serious Skin Care (SSC) question

Have never used either brand of complexion pads so cannot comment on that. SSC still sales the Phyto Pumpkin Scrub on their website but it costs more. Add to your Favorites on HSN to be notified when it's back in stock. It does not show up on their site since it's sold out but you can search it online to get to their product page to add to your favorites. They also have it on Amazon & Ebay.

Trusted Contributor

Thanky you Nightowlz!

Honored Contributor

@NiteStar

If you use Facebook, then you may contact Jennifer Stallone directly. 

Everyday she has a special on her Facebook page. HTH

Respected Contributor

Nightstar, haven't tried PTR but the SSC pads are strong if that's what you want.  Similar to Dr. Denese.

The pumpkin scrub was awesome when it was in the jar. They changed the ingredients and put it in a tube. The changes made it very oily and it leaves a greasy film. Couldn't stand using it and loved the original. So, might pay to look into what the ingredients are lately - I had to get it from the bay. Smiley Wink

Yep, it's a ghost-town on their forums. They messed with it one time too many and everyone left!

Trusted Contributor

I can't compare SSC to PTR since I never used and don't buy PTR due to animal testing. I use and love SSC's glycolic pads.  I also use the peel with the aloe beads.  I find it really does brighten the skin and helps with texture and pores. Makes skin feel very clean but not in a stripped sort of way.  I used to also use the pumpkin scrub but have since stopped using it.  I didn't find much benefit and felt it left my skin feeling not quite clean.  I prefer the gommage - also part of SSC's glycolic line.  I would wait for Jennifer to be on HSN and try to get one of the kits.  

Trusted Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

I can't compare SSC to PTR since I never used and don't buy PTR due to animal testing. I use and love SSC's glycolic pads.  I also use the peel with the aloe beads.  I find it really does brighten the skin and helps with texture and pores. Makes skin feel very clean but not in a stripped sort of way.  I used to also use the pumpkin scrub but have since stopped using it.  I didn't find much benefit and felt it left my skin feeling not quite clean.  I prefer the gommage - also part of SSC's glycolic line.  I would wait for Jennifer to be on HSN and try to get one of the kits.  

Agree with @nycgrl 100%!

The glycolic extreme peel with the aloe beads is my fave from SSC! I rotate it into my selection of peels...it really does leave your skin looking brighter and helps with texture! I have the pads too which I use when I remember lol

I have used the PTR pads (unwrinkle) and I think these glycolic pads are just as good for a lot less money...Def wait until a visit on hsn or you can find them on Ebay for cheap...I know SSC does a daily deal so check there every day and they may be the deal (which is always really well priced!) 

Super Contributor

@NiteStar wrote:

I know this is QVC and not HSN, but I swear, whenever I post a question over there (and yes....I posted this question there), you can hear the crickets chirping because nobody bothers to answer.  So............does anyone know how the SSC Glycolic Texturizing pads compare to the Peter Thomas Roth Complextion Correction Pads?  Also, does anyone know if SSC still carries the Phyto Pumpkin Scrub?  Thanks to anyone might know.  Smiley Happy

There are kits on special right now.  Check out 498-962, has the C Ester pads included with her C line which I love.  498-940 has the Gommage and the Pure Pep Fading Fluid Pads.  457-247 has Glycolic Retexturizing Pads.

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know how SSC retinol pads and creams compare to Consult Beaute? I know the CB is supposed to be 3% but I don't know about the SSC. I just started using the CB but SSC usually has some pretty good deals when Jennifer is threre so it might be less expensive. Just wondering how they compare. And yes the QVC ladies do know their stuff. This is always the place to come for info. Thank you beauty expert ladies. 

Trusted Contributor

I believe SSC will be on in the next few days.  All the items are on sale with free shipping.  They have the glycolic peel pads with a sample tube of the gommage for $24.50.  The peel @Krissy_1968 and I like is on sale also.  I didn't get to look through all the kits since I need nothing and just bought a ton of Skinn, but thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to try.  There are also a couple of BOGO's.  I need to step away and not look because I also love the olive oil kits and missed it the last time - it is very soothing to the skin.