Honored Contributor

I just received my first Sephora beauty box and I'm very pleased. I got 6 products which included, First Aid facial cleanser,Ouai wave spray, Benefit facial bronzer, Smashbox primer, a blotter plus cleanser from beauty blender and a spray sample of Citrine from Nest. The products are small, but enough to give them a good try, and they came in a cute cotton drawstring bag. I hope future boxes are this good, we'll see

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I'm new to the Sephora box. The first one I got was May which was a dud. The June box was better and I haven't received my July box yet. Someone stated the July box you receive will be either A or B based on the profile you filled out. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 I'm new to the Sephora box. The first one I got was May which was a dud. The June box was better and I haven't received my July box yet. Someone stated the July box you receive will be either A or B based on the profile you filled out. 

I really didn't know what to expect. I used to subscribe to the Allure box ,but  I was disappointed with it after a few months and canceled it.  I guess that it's hit or miss with these boxes, but  like I said we'll see.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I really didn't know what to expect. I used to subscribe to the Allure box ,but  I was disappointed with it after a few months and canceled it.  I guess that it's hit or miss with these boxes, but  like I said we'll see.

I got the Allure Beauty Box and ipsy and cancelled them after two months. I'll give the Sephora Play box another 1 or 2 before I decide if I'll cancel or not.

Respected Contributor

Re: Sephora Play

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I just received my first Sephora beauty box and I'm very pleased. I got 6 products which included, First Aid facial cleanser,Ouai wave spray, Benefit facial bronzer, Smashbox primer, a blotter plus cleanser from beauty blender and a spray sample of Citrine from Nest. The products are small, but enough to give them a good try, and they came in a cute cotton drawstring bag. I hope future boxes are this good, we'll see

@QVCkitty1   I was home earlier, and saw my July box had been delivered.  I received the same items as you did.  Starting this month there are supposed to be two boxes to make the subscription more "customized."  I've been subscribing since Sept, and up until now each month's box included the same items for every person.  My account says I received Box B this month, which according to what I read on other sites, it's the box "customized" for normal/dry skin type.  Box A is supposed to be "customized" for combo/oily skin type.  The only difference in items between the two boxes this month is supposed to be with the bronzer, cleanser, and primer.  Box A is supposed to receive Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer,  First Aid Beauty Cleanser With Red Clay, and Smashbox Pore Minimizing Primer.  Box B includes what you and I both received.  And both boxes received the blotterazzi (with the foil packet of blendercleanser), Ouai Wave Spray, and NEST Citrine EDP vial.  

I've been wanting to try something from the brand, Ouai, so I'm happy to receive the wave spray.  

I've been a subscriber since the sub started, and the only month I was disappointed was in May (I will say the earlier boxes were a bit better, but I've still been happy with the boxes I've received).  I thought this month's cloth bag with the image of the pink popsicle was cute.  Smiley Happy 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1  Forgot to mention that Sephora is supposed to be sending an email to all "Play! by Sephora" subscribers sometime this month.  It's supposed to include a questionaire that helps to make each subscriber's box more "customized."  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

This is my 3rd box & I have enjoyed it. What are you doing with the little bags? 

Honored Contributor

I just got my July box yesterday which is the third box I have gotten. May's box was awful, they have gotten better. The spray for your hair (I forgot the name) is very substantial, I just might keep my subscription!

Honored Contributor

Re: Sephora Play

[ Edited ]

I got my first Play box yesterday--what a TOTAL disappointment!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Really like the Ouai wave spray. Think I may buy the full size. Usually don't like so called salt sprays but it doesn't dry my hair out like others ones I've used.