Trusted Contributor

Self tanner that doesn't transfer onto clothing and sheets?

Can someone recommend an odorless self tanner without the additional bronzing color that shows up with you first apply it?  No matter what I've tried, it transfers onto my sheets.  I do like the color of Vita Liberata Mousse and the fact that it dries quickly and has zero scent.  I can pull it off on a cold day, but if I sweat or spash water on my arm when washing my hands, the color transfers.  It transfers to my sheets when I sleep in it, and summer is here so I'm not wearing long sleeves to bed!  

I guess what I'm looking for is an odorless self tanner that goes on clear - if there is such a thing!

Preferably something that I can purchase from ULta but I'm happy to order from Q if it's recommended.  

Super Contributor

Re: Self tanner that doesn't transfer onto clothing and sheets?

[ Edited ]

Have you tried Tan Towels?  I used them years back and loved them. Goes on clear, dries very quick, didn't transfer onto clothing or bedding, and the scent was very light, like light Ivory soap that quickly went away. HSN has the best deal on them, but I believe that you can get them at Ulta.

Honored Contributor

You can find a Vita Liberata Untinted Self Tan Lotion on beauty dot com. It has no guide color.

Jergens Natural Glow also has no guide color, but it's a gradual tanner, so if you want a glow on Saturday, star applying on Monday. You can always stop early and then apply more on Friday, but you can't apply it on Friday and get the color you want on Saturday.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks to both - I've tried tan towels but they are a little expensive per use for me to use regularly.  I'm going to look for the vita Liberata without guide color.  Did not know there was such a thing.  The deep shade works for me.  I just don't like the "guide" color.  

Esteemed Contributor

omg I am loving JERGENS

all these yrs I have been buying all these Q and HSN tan products when Jergens was right there in my super market.

Jergens is the best ever,no smell,ever!!!!  A.beautiful natural tan (I am natural blonde and fair) it is perfect and I look good.I never knew I had great legs...........lol

I get mine on Amazon a/d 

Super Contributor

@Mrsq2022

I just saw HSN has their Margaritavilla version of Tan Towels on sale, set of 20 for $29.95 or 4 Flex $7.49 free sh.