Respected Contributor

Searching for good eyeliners

I am in search of a good eyeliner that does doesn't look too harsh and has staying power. Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Re: Searching for good eyeliners

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

I am in search of a good eyeliner that does doesn't look too harsh and has staying power. Any suggestions?

I love the Tarte tarteist "eye paint" liner in the tube!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains an outside retail link

Trusted Contributor

Makeup forever Aqualiners and Marc Jacobs highliners are totally budgeproof.  Looking harsh is a function of the color so go with a soft brown or grey instead of black.

Respected Contributor

I recommend using a good quality darker brown eye shadow--easy to control, stays all day and doesn't look harsh. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bobbi Brown eye liner gel in espresso. it lasts until you take it off. The deep brown is almost black but does not look harsh. 

Honored Contributor

As far as staying power, the Kat Von D lightning liners stay on like crazy. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I received a sample of this and it is extremely nice.  Caviar eye stick colour by Laura Mercier.  Right now only one color is left to purchase.  Check it out under eye shadow as it displays all the colors it does come in.   You can use as a liner or shadow. Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I find as I get older I only wear black in my waterline, if I wear black at all. I've been wearing brown and grey. I have 2 Tarte skinny eyeliner in Bronze and Tiger Eye and I love them. They are beautiful colors! I also have a purple and grey Tarte eyeliners and I like them too, but I find myself wearing the brown colors more often. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just bought a Nars eyeliner from Sephora and it is just the ticket.  Looks natural and doesn't run at all.  Really like it. 

The Laura Geller ones I bought here always smeared and ran...I may have to toss those.