Honored Contributor

Re: Scored Korres at Marshalls

I really do not need a to be tempted to go into Marshall's beauty department! lol I am pretty well trained to avoid it (I have more than I need already!)  but the possibility of finding one of my favorite brands there is likely to convince me to break my own rules! 

Super Contributor

Fezmydoodle, thanks for sharing that you found Korres at Marshalls.  I went to TJ Maxx today.  I didn't find any "sets" but found a couple bottles of Shower Gel (Cassis Fig), Body Butter (large - Mint Tea & Cassis Fig), small Body Butter (Mulberry Vanilla), Hand Cream (Guava & Bergamot Pear).  Shower Gel & large Body Butter - $4.99, small Body Butter - $1.99, Hand Cream - $2.99. I bought some of each.  I was especially glad to see the small size of Body Butter which I will take on my next vacation.  I am a big fan of Korres!

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I really do not need a to be tempted to go into Marshall's beauty department! lol I am pretty well trained to avoid it (I have more than I need already!)  but the possibility of finding one of my favorite brands there is likely to convince me to break my own rules! 

Exactly!  I avoid the place because I know I'm going to find too many temptations.  And not just in the beauty section.  A few years ago I found a couple boxes of tea there and now I've stopped drinking coffee and I've become a tea addict, ordering odd varieties online.  I don't need this!  Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

To their credit, the TJMaxx/Marshalls/Homegoods franchise has a new buying team which is doing a fine job of negotiating deals on better products for their stores.  I've noticed a marked improvement in the downtown Chicago stores over the past several months.  As for store neatness and opened products, in-store management has to control that.  Another thing to note is corporate wants the managers to limit the shelf inventory to encourgae mpulse buying.  If a customer who knows the brand sees only one or two on the shelf they are more likely to buy it right now. The trick is they probably have 50 units  in the back. 

Esteemed Contributor

They used to carry Ahava but I hardly ever see that brand anymore.  Wish it would come back in stock.

The store near me could use some work.  I can go for months without finding anything good in the beauty section.

Valued Contributor

You are right about Ahava, Snoop.  I bought @ TJMX the facial cleanser and it is by far the most luxurious cleanser I'ver ever had on my skin.  It felt like velvet.  Hard to find, but if you do, grab it!

Contributor

Thanks for sharing! I have been wanting to try Korres, but did not want to pay the price and also risk the return shipping. My only experience with Korres was Jasmine body lotion. It smelled like the pink powdered hand soap in public restrooms from the 1970"s and I just couldn't get past it. Well. when I saw your post I headed to Marshalls and I got:

1 Guava box set

1 Fig body wash full size

1 Fig body butter full size

1 yogurt hand cream

1 bergamont pear hand cream

1 mullberry vanilla body butter travel size

This is a good amount and a good variety to be able to get to know the Korres line.

My Favorite is Perlier.

Not a fan of Philosophy.

Thanks again!Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@fezmydoodle wrote:

It's a first for me to see Korres at my PA Marshalls. Today  I picked up:

2 boxed sets each containing 1 Guave Shower Gel, 2 full size Guava body butters, and a Guave hand cream.  Each box was $14.99

1 full size Mint Tea body butter $4.99

1 full size Cassis Fig $4.99

fezmydoodle Thank you!!!

Also got the Mint Tea and Cassis Fig but got the shower gel. What a deal on either shower gel or body butter! May go back for more.

So glad I got to check the scent before buying. Love both!

Honored Contributor

I was at Marshall's yesterday looking for sandals to show off my new OPI Polished toes and had to check to see if they had any Korres. All I found was small hand creams. Very boring, no temptation. But my heart was all-aflutter just looking at all the pretty packaging of so many brands, many new to me! lol... I forced myself to leave the beauty department before it was too late! 

- No sandals...looked at Ross, too, but they are few and far between. The shoe departments were pretty low on shoes in general. But I did score a few bags of flavored ground coffee - PUMPKIN SPICE is in the house! Woman Very Happy