Respected Contributor

Re: Scents and Common Sense December Thread

Doglover, thought you might spot those boots, lol. It's nice that they offer wide but not sure even if I wanted to order, what size to get.

I didn't go anywhere today but did take walks. It's still in the 40s now but feels much colder with the wind.

I was going to cook but was on the phone with middle son who asked about getting Chinese food. So, mentioned it to DH, wound up getting some, so he came over. Two kiddos, that made my day. We all played a little Boggle, then I watched Shark Tank repeats with middle son for a while.

ITA, as long as she tolerates it, give Kandy whatever she will eat. Pretty much like with Barkley at the end, did the same thing.

Not surprised the diner was packed. Glad you got to eat out, hope you had a nice meal.

It won't be long until Jan. and you find out what the cable co. will be offering you. It's a shame they are dropping a channel your DH enjoys.

Respected Contributor

Desi, saw the boots but not the kind I really like not that I need more. I prefer shoes over boots so the 3 pair of boots I have are enough for me. 2 are water resistant and the other is a leather nice looking boot. I also have 3 pair of suede Sketchers clogs that are fleece lined and feel great in cold weather. I also have all my Sketcher go walks in both the denim and the winter suede as well as my other regular shoes so, well set for shoes not that it stops me from looking.

watching old reruns of NCIS even though I have a lot of movies recorded,

Respected Contributor

Doglover, sounds like dinner was great. I don't know which restaurants other than Chinese were open here. Probably some were.

Don't think much new will be on until after the New Year.

I'm not getting the boots, bought 2 prs locally and so far haven't worn either. Like you, prefer clogs or shoes until it looks like white-out conditions and I have absolutely no choice. Today was nice but it's getting cold now. Only went to Christmas Tree shop and they were so busy I decided to not get anything.

Respected Contributor

Desi, really windy here today and is really getting cold now, 29 is what they want tonight. Guess our spring and fall like days are over.

So right, nothing to record till next Friday than only 2 things on Friday.

the oriental buffets are packed this time of year especially every holiday although most are crowded anytime but holidays are worse of course.

So far I didn't get anything on sale either but do want to look at decorations 50% off even though I don't need a thing, have too much already as far as decorations go.

Once January gets here I start to really get cabin fever even though we do go out every day and every night it just seems so much different than once spring and summer get here. At least I can go out into the yard than and not stuck in the house 80 or 90% of the time.

Respected Contributor

Desi, I didn't see or read your reply before I posted again to Joyce but yes, she never did check back so I looked up her posts and that is the only post she ever did.

Sunny but windy and cold today.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, hope you got a nap. Mickey must have gotten lonely.

Been watching Shoes with Jane. Saw LOGO earlier. Almost afraid to order, so much has had to be returned. Didn't get credit for shipping back defective things either even though I stated they were. So, going to refrain on clothes and shoes when I am never sure of sizes. Last pr of D&C slacks were identical description-wise as a pr of them I own. Only the sizing and silhouette were totally different! Too long, uneven leg lengths, and the legs were clownishly wide - and my legs aren't all that thin, trust me.

I hesitate to post again on that thread. I will be shocked if it isn't a troll, but we'll see.

Respected Contributor

Desi, I love those D&C fleece or whatever they were called slacks. I got petite and the first pair I ordered fit great, perfect length so I ordered another pair in the same size, got them and they are 2 inches longer than the first pair but the size says the exact same thing. I kept them but they are too long for me. They are super comfy though and do look nice on plus fit great other than the length of the second pair.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, just you and me again I see.

Hope Mickey eventually likes you as much as DS. No fun being second-fiddle!

Watched Sherri Shepherd, at least that hour flew by! So much more entertaining watching wigs or make-up than vacuums, laptops or beds.

DH was digging through some stuff and trotted in with some of my old perfumes. I told him people still like old bottles but the perfume goes bad. Well, I tried them and they were all fine! Kind of shocked. All my real and dupe perfumes from the last 10 yrs are "off" smelling, and here these were fine. I am talking old, 3/4 empty Tabu, Love's Fresh Lemon, sample of My Sin, and Muguet. I never throw a perfume out (I know, you guys are shocked {#emotions_dlg.laugh}). These all still smell really nice and aren't over-the-top heavy like I thought they'd be.

Mentalist will be new but delayed quite a bit.

Respected Contributor

Desi, I too have found the older ones will keep a lot longer than the newer ones even in the same exact scent and brand, wonder why?

New Years Day we go out since here in Pa Dutch country you are to eat pork and sauerkraut for New Years Day since pigs root forward which means you will move forward in the coming new year and have better luck where chickens/poultry scratch and that means you will scratch for money all of the new year or not be as well off so, here it is pork and sauerkraut which DS doesn't like so we go out and he can order something else.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, I think older scents had better ingredients. Supposedly now they are tightly regulated for our safety. The ones I sniffed today smell great, and weren't expensive way back when I bought them. Now the ingredients on most of my new ones all read the same, drugstore or niche'.

The video of Sherri is up, you can still watch. I know because I watched it again, lol!

Cornish hens are a good idea, although no one here really likes them very much. Eating out is always a good solution. Never heard that custom, might be local or I just never heard it. I'd get prime rib or lobster - they move forward to eat, right, lol?

I enjoyed both shows tonight. CSI hasn't been all that good this year but this one was.

Wish I knew where everyone was. There aren't that many new threads. I think many of them are trolls which kind of ruins the good will and spirit of the boards.