Super Contributor

Re: SPF - who can actually reapply every 2 hours? Suggestions?

Caffeina - thank you for the detailed post. To quote, "This assumes that you have a schedule and job that keeps you indoors and out of the sun for the majority of the day." As I said in an earlier post, I am inside/outside numerous times throughout my work day, so I don't know if Paula's advice would apply to me. Also, I sometimes go for a power walk during my lunch break.

I was really looking for examples from ladies who do reapply throughout the day. But thank you again for the info you provided above. Smile

Esteemed Contributor

Meow, I recently bought a new SPF moisturizer. It also say to reapply every few hours.

I posted the same question as you, but I lost it, so thanks for your question!

I don't wear foundation, but I'm still curious how anyone would use this.

I mean even when I'm outside playing (snowboarding, boating, hiking, etc.) SPF is not in the forefront of my thoughts.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

On 8/2/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Meow, I recently bought a new SPF moisturizer. It also say to reapply every few hours.

I posted the same question as you, but I lost it, so thanks for your question!

I don't wear foundation, but I'm still curious how anyone would use this.

I mean even when I'm outside playing (snowboarding, boating, hiking, etc.) SPF is not in the forefront of my thoughts.

Agreed! And even if it is, I think it would be difficult to keep your make-up looking fresh if you have to reapply SPF (even in powder form) every 2 hours. To get me through an average day of being active until the sun goes down, I would have to reapply a minimum of 6x per day!

Respected Contributor

I'm happy with my approach, currently, which is: am - apply the correct amount if not more of physical SPF. I use Boscia BB which also has physical SPF. When in my car I typically, but can forget, apply ColorScience SPF 30 or 50 powder to hands and face. CM - I have not had any issues with CS becoming cakey. As I mentioned earlier, I've used it for years. I have very dry skin and it does not dry it out anymore. But, I also mist my skin with Evian or Heritage Store Rosewater/glycerin a few times a day.
Super Contributor

On 8/2/2014 BellaCarro said: I'm happy with my approach, currently, which is: am - apply the correct amount if not more of physical SPF. I use Boscia BB which also has physical SPF. When in my car I typically, but can forget, apply ColorScience SPF 30 or 50 powder to hands and face. CM - I have not had any issues with CS becoming cakey. As I mentioned earlier, I've used it for years. I have very dry skin and it does not dry it out anymore. But, I also mist my skin with Evian or Heritage Store Rosewater/glycerin a few times a day.

Based on your suggestion, BC, I plan to purchase ColorScience and try to incorporate it into my routine. I've never heard of it before, so will have to price shop. Can you recommend a site/store that offers the best deal? TIA!

Super Contributor

Well, it looks like $62 for the SPF 50 is the going rate at most of the reputable sites I skimmed. I'll probably wait to buy it until I see a 20% off or better deal, though.

Respected Contributor

On 8/2/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 8/2/2014 BellaCarro said: I'm happy with my approach, currently, which is: am - apply the correct amount if not more of physical SPF. I use Boscia BB which also has physical SPF. When in my car I typically, but can forget, apply ColorScience SPF 30 or 50 powder to hands and face. CM - I have not had any issues with CS becoming cakey. As I mentioned earlier, I've used it for years. I have very dry skin and it does not dry it out anymore. But, I also mist my skin with Evian or Heritage Store Rosewater/glycerin a few times a day.

Based on your suggestion, BC, I plan to purchase ColorScience and try to incorporate it into my routine. I've never heard of it before, so will have to price shop. Can you recommend a site/store that offers the best deal? TIA!

You have amazing timing! I was just looking it up. Looks like the best deal currently is on Amazon. Dermstore.com also carries it but it's full price right now at $52.00. They often have 20% off promotions, every 6 weeks or so. Refills are only around $25, though. And, it lasts a very, very long time. I don't think it ever goes bad or loses efficacy either unlike a liquid. HTH
Super Contributor

BC - you must mean the SPF 30. I saw that, too, but wasn't sure which one you were recommending. So, you prefer the 30?

Respected Contributor

Well, it looks like $62 for the SPF 50 is the going rate at most of the reputable sites I skimmed. I'll probably wait to buy it until I see a 20% off or better deal, though.

LovelySkin.com has a deal right now. Buy the SPF 30 with brush, $52.00, and get a free SPF 50 refill. Not a bad deal at all and you could switch them out.
Respected Contributor

BC - you must mean the SPF 30. I saw that, too, but wasn't sure which one you were recommending. So, you prefer the 30?

Aaack, we keep crossing posts! I don't find a noticeable difference in the applied powders.