Honored Contributor

Re: SPF moisturizer recommendations please

@Judaline wrote:

@StillRachB wrote:
I use Skinn Daily Defense. There's no greasy feel, no white residue and it works wonderfully under my makeup. If I need a little more moisture, I add a little bit of a heavier cream or a few drops of argan or jojoba oil.

This is a chemical sunscreen, right? How about a mineral sunscreen? 

@Judaline  Here are the ingredient decks for the Skinn products I recommended.

Collagenesis Daily Defense Sunscreen Serum: Actives: 2.0%-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) 0.50%-Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone)**Inactive Ingredients: Water, Carthamus Tinctorius (safflower) Oleosomes, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Phospholipids, Retinyl palmitate (vit. A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (vit. C), Tocopheryl Nicotinate (vit. E), (oat) Beta-Glucan, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA. Average days of supply: 30.

Collagenesis Daily Defense Eye Shades Protectant: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 3.4%. Aqua(Purified, De-Ionized), Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Disiloxane, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Steareth-21, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Sea Whip Extract, Steareth-2, Stearic Acid, Beta-Glucan, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cellulose Gum, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Triethylhexanoin, Aluminium Stearate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Disodium Edta, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide. Average days of supply: 30.

Lip 6X Balm: Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (7.5%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (2.5%), Oxybenzone (6.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Extra Virgin Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Flavor, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Portulaca Pilosa (Kiss-Me-Quick) Extract, Sucrose Cocoate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38. Average Days of Supply: Depends on use.

Valued Contributor

Hi Tucsongal2

I really like Devita Solar Protective SPF 30+. I have sensitive ,combo acne prone skin and finding a sunscreen that works has been a chore over the years . Devita is a mineral sunscreen ; titanium dioxide free , no gmo's no nano technology and is safe for children and adults .It is also paraben free , safe for those with gluten sensitivity 100% vegan and cruelty free . They also have one for the body . You can but it from their website or places like VitaCost, WholeFoods or some local healthfood carry the brand. I like it because I can wear it alone or under my makeup . It is one of the few sunscreen that did not leave a white cast on my face or break me out and  . Good luck in your search 

Honored Contributor

Our dermatologist reccommends Eucrin cream with SPF 30.

Super Contributor

Hi marmarbrooklyn.  I used Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30 for years and loved it until  their formula changed.  It started leaving white balls of zinc oxide on my face and was hard make it blend into my skin.     I bought several more tubes of it hoping they were resolving the problem, but I finally gave up.    I loved that sunscreen before those issues started happening.  I'm hoping they've fixed the problem and I can go back to using it again.  Do you think the product goes on smoothly now without leaving white, visible residue on your face?

Esteemed Contributor

I use Dr. Denese day cream. It's an SPF, day moisturizer and also balances out skin. Im in the 40+ and holding age with sensitive skin and issues. This works for me. It looks like your skin but better and protects. I won't use anything else. It works for me.

Respected Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I use Dr. Denese day cream. It's an SPF, day moisturizer and also balances out skin. Im in the 40+ and holding age with sensitive skin and issues. This works for me. It looks like your skin but better and protects. I won't use anything else. It works for me.

@Fressa

Do you find the tint to be a good color for you?  Would you describe it as "light"?

Esteemed Contributor

It seems to match your skin tone similar to the LG Balance & Brighton. I am very fair. I ususally have a problem with products looking to dark or yellow. This looks dark in the jar or tube but it blends into your skin and disappears. It just looks like your skin.

I've tried other products but the protection and the look of my skin is the best in the Dr. Denese line. 

Respected Contributor

Wow, thanks everyone for the responses and suggestions. My skin must be getting drier because I've never had to use a moisturizer plus sunscreen before. 

Respected Contributor

@Fressa

Do you use the regular one or the oil-free one?

Esteemed Contributor

I use the regular one. I have dry skin.