Valued Contributor

Re: SOS! I need a lipstick/lip gloss/lip balm intervention!

@Andreatoo wrote:
My weakness is the liquid lipsticks and I love a bold lip! I just picked up a couple of Jouers because @HappyDaze just had to start a darn thread about them! LOL I also pick them up at the drugstore as I believe it's my duty to try the different brands and report back to you ;-) (whilst my husband looks on incredulous at the pile on the bathroom counter)...

You should look at Chanel Inks they are liquid and they feel good and have staying power. I bought a red and a neutral.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I had a drawer in my vanity JUST lipsticks & glosses. OK. Now that I've confessed, I'll let you in on how I solved this issue. When I opened EVERY tube of lipstick & stood them  next to each other on the counter, they were all the same version of a pinky brown!!! 17 tubes of pinky/brown lipstick!!! I tossed the old or broken ones first & chose the few of my go tos to keep. Then I bit the bullet & threw out the others. I promised myself if I purchased new lip colors, they would NOT be pinky/brown! The glosses came next. I noticed which ones were almost empty & assumed they must be my favorites. What did THEY have in common? They were all nude, sheer and/ or slightly pink with NO sparkle. I obviously "outgrew" the sparkle phase and full coverage glosses that smeared over my lip line.  The free "minis" from beauty offers/sample kits that the colors were meh were the next to hit the trash can. What I did was look for trends in the shades, formulas & maybe even brands of lipsticks & glosses I used regularly. Now if I'm tempted at the makeup counter, the gloss must be sheer w/o sparkle. New lipsticks are either rose or mauve tones.....no more pinky/browns. Since I always have one of those in my makeup bag in my purse, if I have ANY doubt that the lipstick I'm craving is even close to that shade, I take it out to compare. So now I've completed my 10 STEP program w/ lips & plan to next tackle the foundations: wrong formulas, colors, just didn't like coverage, etc. I'm a makeup junkie so this process is endless. I try to do it once a year. It feels SO good to look in the drawers & only see makeup I wear. It takes 1/2 the time to get ready! 

I have a color I do the same it's a pinky plum color. 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
My weakness is the liquid lipsticks and I love a bold lip! I just picked up a couple of Jouers because @HappyDaze just had to start a darn thread about them! LOL I also pick them up at the drugstore as I believe it's my duty to try the different brands and report back to you ;-) (whilst my husband looks on incredulous at the pile on the bathroom counter)...

LOL @Andreatoo sorry! Let us know what you think about them. I am going to order a couple too!

Regular Contributor

I have a lot of lipsticks and glosses and my advice to anyone in the same situation: keep them all in a mini fridge in your bedroom!  I have them all standing up in a big container (LockNLock) and just grab that whole thing and take it to my vanity when I'm getting ready and back into the mini fridge when I'm done.  My lippies have lasted a lot longer this way. I guess one way to help a person cut back on them would be to get a smaller container and just know that you can't buy more than what will fit in it! 

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Honored Contributor

@TasMss

While I'm not investing in a fridge for my budoir lol I do like the idea of throwing them all in to a lock & lock.

I bought 2 of the last TSV so I can use one of the cute little minis (or 4)!

For the record I do use them all; I like switching up colors, etc.

Today I'm wearing the Milani Amore matte in Fancy

Image result for Milani Amore Matte Liquid Lipsticks amore

I put it on at around 9:15 AM and it's still in place!