Respected Contributor

Does anyone know if any SKINN products would be considered a retinol product? I've watched many of his presentations and have heard him rattle off lists of ingredients in his products, but have never really heard him mention if any of them have a decent amount of retinol in them. Maybe I just need to listen closerSmiley Happy I'm using the Enlightened Radiance right now from the March TTV and would like to incorporate a good retinol serum too. TIA! 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom I have the same question. One day I did hear him saying something about 'the same as retinol' in this serum but missed the product and what he meant. Sorry. I hope someone else knows.

Honored Contributor

Skinn Nutri-Vital Intense Serum does have retinol.  This isn't a product I use so I don't know if it's still available or if it has been discontinued.

There are some products that have a non-retinoid ingredient that acts like retinol.  I looked on the Skinn website - typed in "retinol" and came up with the Line Peel Solution, Deep Line Erase Serum, and the Intellitint.

Dimitri uses Vitamin A in several products.  Retinol is a form of Vitamin A, but I doubt the Vitamin A concentration is in any kind of strength similar to a specific retinol treatment product - not to mention, some of these products are used in daytime so that is contrary to the recommendation to use retinoids at night.

* 24 Hr. Youth Preservation Cream
* Collagenesis Daily Defense SPF 30
* Lipid Infusion Oil
* Collagenesis Stem Rejen (for the face)
* DermAppeal
* Reorganize Eye Balm
* Sacred Oils
* Midnight Recovery Complex

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch That was it! Midnight recovery serum. Like you, I doubt these have even half the strength of a retinol product. Thank you. I have been using the midnight one every night along with my retinol. Who knew?

Honored Contributor

If you are looking for high potency Retinol, I think Consult Beaute Regenerol serum has the highest at 3%.

Valued Contributor
thanks @Shelbelle - I love the CB retinol trio. the pads serum & cream are excellent!
Honored Contributor

What a coincidence. My post yesterday said there probably isn't enough retinol in the Midnight serum from Skinn, to matter. WRONG. I've been using it for about a week, but used my Paula's retinol that I always use (not the strong one) every night, too. Last night I discovered my chin was peeling, just like the days that I used Retin-A. Those were bad days. I kept using it for about 2 years and the flaking never went away so I stopped and went to retinol. The only difference I know of is it takes longer to activate retinol than Retin-A does, but I don't care. It works for me and now I don't know what to do. I love the idea of a serum but the retinyl ingred. is far down on the totem pole. Gonna stop Paula and give this a try, but I'm not getting any younger. It better let me know fast.