Respected Contributor

Re: SKINN TTV Dimitri Said Something About Silicones In Hair Care

So I opened the other two sets I got. And I opened all three bottles and pulled the pumps out. Two out of the three conditioners, one of which I used this morning, are chunky. Like cottage cheese. Ewwwwww!!! The third is a little bit gritty but I'm going to keep that one. Not really sure what the issue is. If it was something during shipping, I'd assume all three would have had the same issue.
Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
So I opened the other two sets I got. And I opened all three bottles and pulled the pumps out. Two out of the three conditioners, one of which I used this morning, are chunky. Like cottage cheese. Ewwwwww!!! The third is a little bit gritty but I'm going to keep that one. Not really sure what the issue is. If it was something during shipping, I'd assume all three would have had the same issue.

@Rachb  Ewwwww is right!  Send them back for an exchange.

Frequent Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

I had watched briefly last night and just tuned in a bit ago.  I thought I had heard wrong last night because I was so tired LOL

He has his new shampoo & conditioner which are silicone free.  He said that a trichologist ? had told him that silicones in hair care ( maybe just the conditioner ) will cause your hair to fall out.  He said he was told that the silicone makes the hair so slippery that is will cause the hair to fall out from the root if you use it?  

Never heard that one before.  Anyone know if this is true or not....having a hard time believing it makes hair slippery so it just slips out of your head like he was explaining  LOL  I can see where silicones may have some effect for some......but not how he explained it.

I heard that too. It was total BS. He just made that up.