Honored Contributor

Re: SKINN TTV Dimitri Said Something About Silicones In Hair Care

@Bella Carro

Yes, I totally understand what you're saying.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch @Krissy_1968 @Gokat- now you know better why I don't respond to specific posters. It's the same meanspirited and disingenuous behavior. I just feel bad that you took so much time to answer her multitude of questions about the products this visit and several in the past. 

I know you are not speaking about me as I buy and use and love a few of SKINN's products (Body oil and hand cream) and even would like to try his shampoo and conditioner and lip balms (if he does menthol and mint free versions as I've stated in the SKINN thread). I also plan to try his shadow sticks at some point and perhaps his perfume if he does make one in the scent of the body oil like he kept mentioning. So you are barking up the wrong tree if you are talking about me. Dead wrong.

You are wayyyy too emotional about a skincare line and anyone who might say one thing about an ingredient they don't like in his formula you jump all over them or ignore them completely. I am not the only one who notices this. We are suppose to be mature adults here and be able to have a discussion without name calling and acting childish.

And I know you aren't referring to me regarding JLF and being cruel to her- in fact, my statement about being surprised at her reaction is because she is usual pretty level headed about things and pretty knowledgeable about facts and has pointed out when statements made my vendors- even Dimitri- are incorrect. One example is her pointing out awhile back that she wishes DImitri wouldn't say to use hot water on the face because it is actually harsh on the face and can dry it out. It wasn't an attack on Dimitri but the statement wasn't a sound one and I did not see you jump all over her. But I see, only some people can point out these statments and if they aren't your friends, then you will jump all over them. I get it now.

And I am done with this silly, emotionally over-the-top conversation. It is bizarre to say the least, especially since I use some of his products...

Trusted Contributor

Has Dimitri offered full sizes of shampoo & conditioner yet? I haven't watched any shows but I checked Evine a couple of days ago and I didn't see shampoo & conditioner. I'm interested in purchasing when they are available. TIA.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

Has Dimitri offered full sizes of shampoo & conditioner yet? I haven't watched any shows but I checked Evine a couple of days ago and I didn't see shampoo & conditioner. I'm interested in purchasing when they are available. TIA.

@UMDTerpFan  Yes!  They were launched in a TTV last weekend (310-483).  That kit is still available and the only way to get the haircare products right now.  Some of us have received notices though, that shipping has been delayed, so it seems they oversold on the TTV.  I don't know how new orders will be impacted. 

Honored Contributor

I'm generally a Wen girl but I do try new things to defray the cost of the Wen! Haven't quite found a less expensive replacement, the Theorie argan line comes close so I alternate, but Dimitri's didn't fit my criteria! So expensive! $92.00 for the system?? AND he wants us using at least 8 pumps?!

Even if the results were good the regular cost is prohibitive so it seemed a waste to try it

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I'm generally a Wen girl but I do try new things to defray the cost of the Wen! Haven't quite found a less expensive replacement, the Theorie argan line comes close so I alternate, but Dimitri's didn't fit my criteria! So expensive! $92.00 for the system?? AND he wants us using at least 8 pumps?!

Even if the results were good the regular cost is prohibitive so it seemed a waste to try it

How did you find out the cost? I didn't think it was available yet. And what do you mean by "the system"? I am only interested in the shampoo and conditioner but not for $92?

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo Of course it depends on hair type, thickness, etc, but you don't need 8 pumps.  The samples that came with the July TTV were quite small.  I bet there was only a single pump in the packet.  I actually didn't think it was going to be enough to work, but it actually worked very well for me (my hair is fine, color treated, and just about colarbone length).  On a regular basis, I might be tempted to take a little more (1/2 a pump or so extra) from the big bottle, but 8 pumps, IMO, is overboard.

Valued Contributor

The pumps on his bottles are not like most that i have used,they do not go down that far when pumping so 1 full pump is not that much in his bottles.I can see now if you do have long hair maybe you would use 8 pumps.

When i used his samples i added a 1/2 pump of Wen BGT and glossing serum in my wet hair and got great results..When i used wed night i forgot to do this and my results were not the same...I am not sure if i like the spray and think i will skip it next time and do what i did with the samples...Also i didnt catch the scent from samples but did this time and am not thrilled with it but will still use...The spray is stronger in the scent  and bug spray type smell to my nose anyway.

My guess is when he brings the shampoo singles he will have a set of the 3 that will be cheaper than the retail value like Isomers & Suzanne Somers..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I busted open my shampoo and conditioner this morning. The shampoo smelled like grapefruit to me....yummy! But the conditioner was a little bit gritty and smelled like nothing but alcohol. Second ingredient is cetearyl alcohol, but that's true in a lot of conditioners (I compared it to my Redken color care conditioner.) But the alcohol is ALL I could smell. I don't remember my sample packets having that smell. I went ahead and used it and my hair does look quite nice today.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

How did you find out the cost? I didn't think it was available yet. And what do you mean by "the system"? I am only interested in the shampoo and conditioner but not for $92?

According to the breakdown they gave us for the TTV the 12 oz bottles of shampoo and conditioner are regularly $34 each and the serum, that he stressed you apply before rinsing out the conditioner, is an additional $24. ...

Not that I really care about the silicones (nor are they making my hair 'slide out' of my scalp lol) I did run in to the bathroom to check my bottles and he was right...