Valued Contributor
I have and use SKINN Lipid Oil. Does anyone know how that product is different from Argon Oil? TIA
Honored Contributor

Re: SKINN Lipid Oil or Argon?

[ Edited ]

Argan Oil is a single ingredient.  Lipid Infusion Oil is a compilation of several beneficial oils and other beneficial ingredients.  It was super cold here yesterday and today so I put a drop of Lipid Infusion Oil over my eye cream this morning.  

Here's the ingredient list for the Lipid Infusion Oil:
VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, CAMELLIA SINENSIS (GREEN TEA) SEED OIL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, MEADOWFOAM ESTOLIDE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, TRIOLEIN, LECITHIN, LINOLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, STEARIC ACID, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEEDCAKE, HORDEUM VULGARE (BARLEY) EXTRACT, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) EXTRACT, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL, HIPPOPHAE RHAMNOIDES (SEA BUCKTHORN) FRUIT OIL, CALOPHYLLUM INOPHYLLUM (DILO) SEED OIL, VACCINIUM MACROCARPON (CRANBERRY) SEED OIL, LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL, CERAMIDE NG, SCLEROCARYA BIRREA (MARULA) SEED OIL, ALEURITES MOLUCCANA (KUKUI) SEED OIL, MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL, CARYODENDRON ORINOCENSE (KAHAI) SEED OIL, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBIC ACID/ORANGE/CITRUS LIMON/CITRUS AURANTIFOLIA POLYPEPTIDES, DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT, PHYTOSTERYL CANOLA GLYCERIDES, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ROSE EXTRACT

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouisFinch thank you for posting the ingredients of Lipid Oil. I am techno-challenged & don't know how to do that.
Does Lipid Oil have peltides?
Do we also need to use Argon Oil? Or other oils? Would the results be any different? Thank-you so much for your help...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch is the ingredients you posted for the Lipid infusion oil? If so, the ingredients posted on Evine's website for this oil in the 3pc kit and the ingredient list for just the oil show these ingredients, which are different then the ones you posted. I like the one I posted much better. Where did you get the ingredients you listed? TIA!

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Oil, Meadowfoam Estolide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triolein, Phospholipids, Linoleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Oleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Cake, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia (Macadamia Nut) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Oil, Calophyllum Tacamahaca (Dilo) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Ceramide 2, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Seed Oil, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Caryodendron Orinocense (Kahai) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate Polypeptide, Ascorbyl Polypeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate Polypeptide, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Cholecalciferol, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Junos (Yuzu Oil).

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch is the ingredients you posted for the Lipid infusion oil? If so, the ingredients posted on Evine's website for this oil in the 3pc kit and the ingredient list for just the oil show these ingredients, which are different then the ones you posted. I like the one I posted much better. Where did you get the ingredients you listed? TIA!

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Oil, Meadowfoam Estolide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triolein, Phospholipids, Linoleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Oleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Cake, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia (Macadamia Nut) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Oil, Calophyllum Tacamahaca (Dilo) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Ceramide 2, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Seed Oil, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Caryodendron Orinocense (Kahai) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate Polypeptide, Ascorbyl Polypeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate Polypeptide, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Cholecalciferol, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Junos (Yuzu Oil).

First of all, I apologize for all the caps in my ingredient list.  Yes, @HappyDaze that's the list for the Skinn Lipid Infusion Oil.  I got it from the Skinn website.

Regular Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

This list is much better!!!! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chisos wrote:

Does Lipid Oil have peltides?
Do we also need to use Argon Oil? Or other oils? Would the results be any different? Thank-you so much for your help...

To try to answer your questions, @Chisos ...Yes, the Lipid oil does contain polypeptides toward the end of the deck, but it also contains many essential oils and extracts for the skin's nutrition.  This particular item doesn't include Argan oil, but Dimitri does add it to some of his other products.  The infusion oils are for the skin's nutrition from the outside and help combat external anti-oxidant damage, etc.  They have various uses, but I find them very soothing after masking, peeling, or exfoliating and any time my skin may be crying out for some added attention.   HTH's

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Valued Contributor

@Gokat - I have been using SKINN Lipid for awhile now and do love it. I am almost out and need to re-order. Thanks for your help - I've never paid much attention to facial oils - I've never bought anything except Dimitri's Lipid.
Honored Contributor

@j-lou wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

This list is much better!!!! 

I totally agree! If I get this kit, I hope the oil has these ingredients and if it doesn't I will be making a phoe call to Evine. I am not sure why Skinn's website has a different list.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

My bottle lists these ingredients minus the citrus junos (yuzo oil) instead it has rose oil as the last ingredient! HTH's Woman Happy