Regular Contributor

Re: SKINN GOODIES ARRIVE!

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to post an FYI alert.   I recieved my Double-Double set, and when I opened the box, I noticed there were only 5 items, instead of the 6.  The Hand Restore is missing.  So...open the boxes and count your items!   I called customer service and they are giving me a 10% discount on that shipment, which comes to $8.99.  The other option was to return the whole set.  I did not want to do that.  That amount won't cover the cost of replacing the Hand Restore, but I am happy with the other 5 items that I did get, and I have plenty of Beekman Hand Creams.  

I am new to Skinn Cosmetics, and really enjoy reading everyone's comments here. It has helped me make some good buying choices.  I've used the Neck Amour a  few times, that I got in a summer essentials kit of couple of weeks ago. That stuff is amazing!  

Esteemed Contributor

@lilybelle wrote:

Just wanted to post an FYI alert.   I recieved my Double-Double set, and when I opened the box, I noticed there were only 5 items, instead of the 6.  The Hand Restore is missing.  So...open the boxes and count your items!   I called customer service and they are giving me a 10% discount on that shipment, which comes to $8.99.  The other option was to return the whole set.  I did not want to do that.  That amount won't cover the cost of replacing the Hand Restore, but I am happy with the other 5 items that I did get, and I have plenty of Beekman Hand Creams.  

I am new to Skinn Cosmetics, and really enjoy reading everyone's comments here. It has helped me make some good buying choices.  I've used the Neck Restore a  few times, that I got in a summer essentials kit of couple of weeks ago. That stuff is amazing!  

@lilybelle I am glad you brought this to everyone's attention. I also, open and check mine to be sure it is all there, not broken or leaking. I would be very upset if I didn't and found something wrong months later when using up my stash!

CS should have been more accomodating. The cost of the hand restore is alot more than $8.99! Plus, this TTV was sold out, how would they be able to replace it?!  This again, makes me worry about the QA of the warehouse! Hope you love your products!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@lilybelle

Thanks for the heads-up!

I hope all my Double-Double products are there. I'm really looking forward to the Hand Restore as it is a good one for me to keep at work.

Regular Contributor

Today was my 2nd day using the 4 piece Botanlift set.  I am happy to say the products work as well as demonstrated.  They firm up the skin and smooth out the fine lines.  My face feels like a baby's bottom, lol.   I thought I would never get the pump on the Daytime Skin Corrector Treatment to work....ran it under some warm water, and kept pumping away, until it finally worked.  

The 6 piece lip balms set is shipping out today, finally.  I have the tropical one and love it.  

Contributor

Only one of my 4 kits that I ordered has shipped...this is really ridiculous!

Honored Contributor

@lilybelle wrote:

I am new to Skinn Cosmetics, and really enjoy reading everyone's comments here. It has helped me make some good buying choices.  I've used the Neck Amour a  few times, that I got in a summer essentials kit of couple of weeks ago. That stuff is amazing!  

I wonder if the 10% is based on the cost per item in the sale price of the Double-Double Set vs the price it would cost if you purchased it alone off the Evine site today?

Respected Contributor

The rebate has to do with the current shipment with the problem, @SahmIam.  It's not so much about fully rebating for individual items but a token for the inconvenience.  These were double-sized items, too.  Dependent on how important that missing/broken item is to the customer, they can make their decision from there.  Evine's definitely not losing.Woman Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

@Gokat wrote:

The rebate has to do with the current shipment with the problem, @SahmIam.  It's not so much about fully rebating for individual items but a token for the inconvenience.  These were double-sized items, too.  Dependent on how important that missing/broken item is to the customer, they can make their decision from there.  Evine's definitely not losing.Woman Wink

No, I understand that : ) My thought was why the 10% instead of a true replacement value.

I know when something has gone wrong with an order from HSN, I've been given the option of sending it back, having them send out a new whatever it is or being credited the cost of the item BASED on what it would cost on HSN at that time (Perlier bath and body with hand cream set, to be exact)- the cost of the cream was $27 but the whole kit of 7 items was $45 due to it being a special value so.... they credited me the cost of the item within that kit at that price

I was wondering if Evine does this as well or, as you say, it's up the CS rep you're speaking with.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Evine's policy is not like HSN's currently and much more fluid.  You'd have to ask at Evine the reasoning behind the percentages they use as I could only venture a guess.

As I posted earlier "token" comes to mind here as replacement value doesn't enter into their rebate policy at this time.  

In all my many years shopping at that channel (under their various names) I've never lucked out with a direct replacement. They've never had my needed item in stock.Woman Surprised

The customer always has the option to return the faulty shipment at their expense within 30 days. Evine will reimburse S&H for those shipments.

Because Evine's management has been in flux over the past year or so policies have been tweaked here and there so it's always an adventure.Woman Wink  Hopefully you won't need to work your way through them often.Woman Happy  HTH's

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

@Gokat  Ah, interesting and good to know. I remember when they were the channel you went to for luxury online good over QVC and HSN. The jewelry that the McCoys used to show... WOW. THere was another jewelry vendor who had amazing items from Italy... breathtaking.... as well as Waterford.

Considering what they offer and the high quality, you would think they'd pull it together because the possibilities are endless. 

Thanks for the info : )