Valued Contributor

Rosehip oil and other skincare products

I already use Retin-A, Timeless Vit. C, Argueline (sp?), Alpha glycolic acid, Beenigma, sunscreen and Cerave moisturizer.  Do I need Rosehip oil?  I read somewhere it did much of the same thing as Retin-A. I think you can get to many things going on and just waste your money.  Does anyone know about this? Thank you!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rosehip oil and other skincare products

Beenigma?

But I'm convinced that there is product overload, especially by the sales people! Nevertheless, I wouldn't want "underload," either.

I like to think of skincare as the different foods we eat. We don't eat every single thing on the menu, right? And so, we choose skin ingredients according to our needs.

My only problem is that there are so many neat and effective skin ingredients, and I like to go out to explore them, yet I always keep a few basics -- vitamin C, retinol (vitamin A), AHAs, and some kind of emollients for protection.

(I used to use rose hip seed oil all the time. I just don't seem to need it at the moment.)

Honored Contributor

I use both Retin-A and rosehip oil. I use the oil as a moisturizer during the day and also on the off-days when I'm not using my Retin-A. For me there isn't enough retinoids in the oil to make a difference in my skin. The oil keeps my skin very soft and moisturized all day.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chihuahuamom I don't think Rosehip seed oil is necessary with your skincare. I use Rosehip Seed Oil but not Retin A. & yes the RetinA is more potent. You also use Vit C. Rosehip Seed Oil works well for me & I love it.. I would suggest that if you want to lock in that moisture than Argan oil( ( vit.E) is best as the last step in your nightly routine. I agree with @SilleeMee the way she incorporates Rosehip Seed oil into her routine.

Esteemed Contributor

@chihuahuamom wrote:

I already use Retin-A, Timeless Vit. C, Argueline (sp?), Alpha glycolic acid, Beenigma, sunscreen and Cerave moisturizer.  Do I need Rosehip oil?  I read somewhere it did much of the same thing as Retin-A. I think you can get to many things going on and just waste your money.  Does anyone know about this? Thank you!  

Personally I use and prefer rosehip oil..its a natural product and I see results! I try to use organic/natural products..they healed my skin when I was having skin issues years ago! HTH~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Another fan of rosehip oil here! I mix a couple of drops of argan oil w/a couple of drops of rosehip oil for my moisturizer, day and night..

I can't use retin-a, too harsh for my skin, even once a week.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I just received my rosehip oil from the Ordinary (great price) and I'm going to use it as the last step at night to "seal" everything in.  I follow Stephanie Nicole on YouTube and this is how she uses it. 

Honored Contributor

Been using rose hip seed oil for many years now and it is my favorite oil. I even use it on my lashes and it helps keep them from breaking off and helps them grow long. I only use Shea terra organics and I don't think it is expensive by any means.

We can't tell you if you "need" it-that is up to you and your skin's needs and what you like. It certainly can't hurt to try it. Most stores carry a few brands. 

Respected Contributor

I purchasd rosehip seed oil from The Ordinary, and I think I was allergic to it. I tried it for two weeks, and after application, my face always felt itchy. At the end of the two-week period, my face was also breaking out, so I discontinued using it.