Regular Contributor

Root Touch-Up Costs -- This May Help You!

Ladies, I posted this as a response in another thread, but since all of you may not have seen that, I wanted to pass along a great root touch-up tip my daughter gave me! It will really save you MONEY!!

Get a box of the Clairol Root Touch-Up and after using, wash the little brush, trough and developer bottle well and put away. You may also be able to wash the gloves while wearing them, with liquid hand soap of some kind. When it's time to do a touch-up again, purchase a box of your regular hair color, and using the items from the touch-up kit that you have set aside, follow the 'recipe' in your directions to mix up a 'strand' test amount of color agent. I let mine sit for up to five minutes to fully develop the color. After you touch up your roots, wash out the trough, bottle and little brush again and put away again.

The only thing I found is that the gloves that came with the original touch-up kit may not last long, and I'm sure more can be bought someplace like Sally Beauty.

With the economy being what it is, it is MUCH cheaper to use this method and not lay out up to $5.99 every three weeks doing touch-ups! I won't be going back to touch-up kits. The regular box items last me through SEVERAL touch-ups! HTH!!