Honored Contributor

Room Spray -- Homemade Formula.............OT

I make my own room spray using essential oils, spring water, and vegetable glycerin.  For those of you who are interested, here is what I do.

I use 4 oz. spray bottles and first pour in the water (half of the bottle) and then the essential oils and about a T of veg. glycerin.  Slowly pour the veg. glycerin in until the oil & water mix.  The oils will float on top of the water before you mix in the glycerin.

Here are some recipes I use:

Bergamot & lavender

Geranium & lavender'

Spearmint & orange

Spearmint & lemon

I usually start off with 20 to 30 drops of the first oil and half of the other oil.  You can adjust according to you liking.  During the holidays (Christmas) I use Balsam Fir essential oil.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Room Spray -- Homemade Formula.............OT

I just made some linen spray but used cheap vodka along with distilled water and the oils. I love sleeping on softly scented sheets. Got the recipe off Pinterest.

Respected Contributor

I use to make my own too (LOVE BB's Beach scent) but (after the price went up and the formula changed) then I discovered Pittsburg Street Soapworks "Beach" linen and body spray and now our whole house smells like my favorite beach. They did the mixing for me.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I just made some linen spray but used cheap vodka along with distilled water and the oils. I love sleeping on softly scented sheets. Got the recipe off Pinterest.

Interesting ingredients -- thanks for sharing.  You can also use oils in the commode instead of spending $$ to do it.   

kindness is strength