Contributor

Rodan and Fields: Who's Using, and is it Worth It?

Hi Ladies!

So I'm coming back to these forums after a long hiatus, and it looks like everything has changed so much!  

Okay, so here's what:  I've been harassed by a number of friends and acquaintances that have been hustling their Rodan and Fields stuff for a couple of years now.  As a teenager I did struggle with acne and the Proactive line saved my life (and my skin) but it was also a very affordable solution.  When someone has tried to push their R+F items on me, I have been interested in trying it until I go to the website and see how darn expensive it is!  Before I had my son 4 years ago, my skin was flawless in terms of acne and irritation, and now I guess the hormonal changes in my body have caused my skin to do some crazy things.  My face has tons of little bumps on it now and my skin just doesnt feel smooth and soft anymore.  Has anyone else experienced this, and have you found something that has revived your skin to its original glory again?  If Rodan + Fields wasnt the answer, what products have worked for you?  Thanks in advance!

Respected Contributor

Re: Rodan and Fields: Who's Using, and is it Worth It?

I haven't used R+F but I've considered it seriously. I'm typically ok with spending money on products but these seem rather expensive for what they are. I really love Paula's Choice. The 2% BHA has definitely improved the texture of my skin over the last year. I just started using the vitamin c booster. Not a fan of the cleansers but the Resist Intensive Repair moisturizer and the Ultra Rich facial moisturizer are great. I'm 35. Don't have a ton of wrinkles, but I have struggled with acne, scarring, dark marks, dry skin and large pores. My skin seems to do really well with Paula's Choice. I know it's relative but I find it reasonably priced.
Contributor

Thanks so much for the reply!  I will look into what you're using.  I forgot about the fact that I have enlarged pores, too!  R+F is just so crazy expensive, and I wonder if it's because it's a pyramid-structured scheme and everyone wants a piece of the pie.  I will say that a girlfriend came over on Friday night and her skin looked gorgeous (we're both early 30s with kids under 6) and I asked what she was doing to her skin.  She said R+F, go figure.  Just curious what results others have yielded using it.

:-)

Esteemed Contributor

Back when they came out with this it was sold in Nordstrom and they had that special liittle machine that took the picture of your face that could show you how incredibly damaged your skin is.  I checked into the products, talked to the SA and decided to wait on it and finish up what I had before deciding.  I then forgot all about it.  Then the SA calls me at home to tell me that now Nordstrom is no longer carrying it and the new approach to sales and if I was ever interested in buying it, I could buy it from her.  She was very nice, not pushy, but I wonder why they decided to go this route...if they weren't having any luck in stores or what.  Every now and again someone will pop up on FB with a friend who uses it and sells it and they have the most fabulous skin, much like with Nerium, but then I never see another thing about it.

Honored Contributor

@DollyRever, welcome back.

I have an inherent aversion to any multi-level sales schemes. I just see so need to get involved with them when I can find a myriad of excellent products on the regular market.

I second @Rachb's recommendation for Paula's Choice -- fragrance-, irritant-,

and cruelty-free.

They have the best CS bar none, too. You can peruse the site and then call for advice for your skin. If you ask politely, they will usually send a new customer samples to try.

I agree that are moderately priced for the quality of their products.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

My husband's nieces (3) are all selling it. So everyday there is something on facebook. Apparently, they are doing quite well selling the product. They always are thrilled when it is pay day.

They are always posting pictures of wonderful transformations. But I still can't see paying that kind of money. 

Trusted Contributor

Good timing. One of my nieces just invited me to a girl's luncheon to get introduced to R&F. I hate going to a party that I know is direct sales when I have absolutely no interest in purchasing, so I don't know if I will go or not. I also 2nd the Paula's Choice line. I am in the process of dumping everything in my skin care line w/the exception of her products. In fact, she has 20% off right now, so I think I'm going to order one of the cleansers that I really liked (she has almost everything available to try as a sample & some will end up being free). I'm really wanting the 5% AVA lotion, but it's out of stock right now. If you know anyone who uses her products, you and your buddy can both get $10 (check out the offer on her website as I think you have to purchase $25 worth of product). And in case you don't want to buy, but just get educated, be sure to check out the Beautypedia part of her website.

Contributor

Wow, Thanks Everyone!  I am going to check out Paula's Choice (never even heard of it before) and see what I can find.  If I give it a shot, I'll report back!

Thanks, again!

Respected Contributor

I had never heard of Paula's Choice either until I hit this board. So thankful I did!
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@DollyRever, welcome back.

I have an inherent aversion to any multi-level sales schemes. I just see so need to get involved with them when I can find a myriad of excellent products on the regular market.

I second @Rachb's recommendation for Paula's Choice -- fragrance-, irritant-,

and cruelty-free.

They have the best CS bar none, too. You can peruse the site and then call for advice for your skin. If you ask politely, they will usually send a new customer samples to try.

I agree that are moderately priced for the quality of their products.

I agree with Suzy's post on the MLM sales and Paula's Choice.  I've used PC forever, and most products I like. 

I would recommend trying PC first as the cost is more reasonable and IMO, her products are effective. 

If PC doesn't work for you, then maybe consider Rodan and Fields.