Super Contributor

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color

Has anyone tried this? I'm looking for something matte, but they all feel and look so dry on my lips. I'm wondering how this compares. I might pick one up when I'm at Ulta today.
Respected Contributor

Re: Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color

I haven't tried that, but I'd suggest looking at NYX matte lipstick while you're there.  I like those and just put lip balm on under them to counteract the dryness.  Two weeks ago, I was having tires put on my car at the mall and had a couple of hours to kill.  I found the Urban Decay lipsticks in Ulta and really liked them.  I got a sheer one, but they have matte ones as well.

Honored Contributor

@StillRachB,

I haven't tried that Revlon one yet. Only tried the Super  Lustrous Matte and these are okay but they don't stay on very long.

Recently I found JORDANA MODERN MATTE LIPSTICKS!! These are by far the best matte lippies. They stay on a very long time and never dry my lips. Walgreens has them cheap, 4-5 bucks.

original.jpg

Super Contributor

@Ms X I have the urban decay on my list to check out, too. Great minds think alike.
Respected Contributor

@StillRachB and @SilleeMe ... Thanks so much for your suggestions! I like the matte lipsticks, although I usually put a touch of glacee on top of them.

I'm currently using several tubes of the Maybelline 24 hr Lipstay. It comes in beautiful colors and works great for me...actually stays on (although not a full 24 hours).

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

I will be getting those Jordana lipsticks today. I will let you guys know how I like them. I got them for 2.49 off the Jordana website. I ordered like 8 and got free shipping.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@StillRachB,

I haven't tried that Revlon one yet. Only tried the Super  Lustrous Matte and these are okay but they don't stay on very long.

Recently I found JORDANA MODERN MATTE LIPSTICKS!! These are by far the best matte lippies. They stay on a very long time and never dry my lips. Walgreens has them cheap, 4-5 bucks.

original.jpg

@SilleeMee

Oh, I like these, too!  They are really nice!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Don't forget about the Cover Girl ones that Katey Perry has out!  They are really good!  I have purchased 4 or 5 colors.  I think they are not so dry and wear really nicely.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Jordana is made in America. Believe cruelty free. 

Super Contributor

My Benefit Brow girl talked me into the most popular shade of the Urban Decay Vice line. It's a matte but she said it's very plush and not dry at all. Plus, Ulta is offering 5x points on Urban Decay right now. So I chose this over the Revlon.