Contributor

Re: Review of Eve Pearl TSV.

I already knew I loved the foundation and concealer, so those are hits for me. I apply with the brush and blend with a damp sponge. Perfect all day coverage. I can't blend with the brush. It takes me longer that way, plus the coverage I get with the brush is too heavy. Damp sponge makes a huge difference IMO. The blush or whatever it's called is nice, but nothing outstanding. I hate the lip color, but don't mind the smell that others can't stand. The color is way too much for me. I'll try the prior trick of a little on the finger to apply. Based on the cost of the foundation and concealer from Eve's website, it's a keeper for me and I'm glad I'm on auto-delivery.
Respected Contributor

I got Fair and Light because I couldn't decide which color would work better for me. Sadly, both sets are going back. The light turned orange on me and even though Fair was a decent match I couldn't get the foundation to look good or last. I tried it with Hourglass Mineral Primer and I even ordered the Eve Pearl Moisturising Primer and neither helped. I didn't like the blush or the lip gloss. The brushes are nice but not nice enough to keep the sets. I had high hopes for this TSV because of the demonstrations... it's like I got another foundation formula...lol...

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Honored Contributor

My TSV went back today.  I ordered Fair, which seemed right.  I used very little, but it seemed to accentuate the wrinkles.  The brushes and lip gloss were okay even though the lip gloss "traveled."   The color of the gloss was fine for me.  I tried the blush many times and it looked nice in the palette, but "clownish" on me. 

Contributor

I am really loving this TSV! There is a small learning curve but I am in love with this foundation! The first day I applied it over the Skinn Orchid Gel and it moved into my creases very easily. I also applied too much I think. I used Monistat the 2nd day as my primer and used less foundation. That's when I fell in love. It truly looks better than any makeup I've ever used. I don't feel it and it just looks like my skin but better. For reference I am 60 with some lines and wrinkles and age spots on my face, It does not cover every brown spot on my face completely but really smoothes out the tone and and makes my entire face look more even. It stays all day on me as well.

The concealor seems to work but I don't have dark circles under my eyes. The blush compact looks good and stays all day. I am still unsure as to how to use it most effectively, but I do like it. The brushes are fantastic. The lipstick is not my favorite color but I have found that if I apply it very sparingly I like it and will most likely use it up. There is a stain that it leaves behind.

I am hoping the makeup will last me until my next shipment. THere does not appear to be much in the compact but now that i know that less is more, I am hopeful it will last.

Honored Contributor

Okay so finally got home and was able to quickly try just the foundation this afternoon. I got fair and so very happy I did as it is a perfect match. I mean, perfect, which is really rare to find for me. I did one light swipe of each (darker on the cheek, lighter below, just like they said) using a flat brush I already owned and then I used a damp beauty blender to blend it all out, including onto my chin, forehead and nose. It blended out great and no line of demarcation between my face and my neck.

I haven't had it on very long, just a few hours, so can't really comment on wear at this point but so far it did NOT settle into the fine lines at the outer corner of my eyes when I smile and it does not look dry nor dewy, more like a satin finish. Definitely my skin but better.

I did not use a primer as I don't really wear a primer but when I have time, I will try it again using a primer. I've never found primers to do much for me though so not sure if it will make any difference in how this looks or wears.

I also did not find it time consuming at all and since I am all about maximizing my time, if I thought it was in any way too many steps, takes too long to use or too complicated it would be going back immediately. It took maybe a minute or two from the time I put the two swipes on to the time I blended (aka stippled) it out all over my face using the damp beauty blender. It blended wonderfully.

That is all I tried so far and will try the rest when I have more time to play around with it.

We shall see how I feel about it the more I wear it.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze I am so glad you liked your selection.  I agree with your assessment of the ease of application and don't quite know what to say about those who found it so time consuming or involved.  It's two swipes with the applicator end, a blend with the flat brush end with distribution of what's left on the brush on forehead nose and chin.  Seconds and you're done.

I do hope you'll give the blush a try.  I viewed a series of concealer you tube videos and was amazed to see people with my coloring using bright red concealer.  It works and explains why Cover Fx brick red concealer works so well for me.  For you, Eve Pearl's duo of salmon concealers might just be perfect, yes?  But I do think it necessary to concede that Eve knows what she's doing and refrain from the " triangle of light".  It might be counterintuitive but her method works.

So far, I can't understand the lipstick.  She coordinated everything else.  Of everything on her website I love the dual powder foundation most!  even more than the cream foumdation. I did hope she would bring the powder for the TSV- oh well.  

Can't wait to hear what you think of the rest.

Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

@HappyDaze I am so glad you liked your selection.  I agree with your assessment of the ease of application and don't quite know what to say about those who found it so time consuming or involved.  It's two swipes with the applicator end, a blend with the flat brush end with distribution of what's left on the brush on forehead nose and chin.  Seconds and you're done.

I do hope you'll give the blush a try.  I viewed a series of concealer you tube videos and was amazed to see people with my coloring using bright red concealer.  It works and explains why Cover Fx brick red concealer works so well for me.  For you, Eve Pearl's duo of salmon concealers might just be perfect, yes?  But I do think it necessary to concede that Eve knows what she's doing and refrain from the " triangle of light".  It might be counterintuitive but her method works.

So far, I can't understand the lipstick.  She coordinated everything else.  Of everything on her website I love the dual powder foundation most!  even more than the cream foumdation. I did hope she would bring the powder for the TSV- oh well.  

Can't wait to hear what you think of the rest.

@CoG yes, it really was seconds. I said a minute or two but honestly it was more like seconds. A minute at the most? Really, truly easy. I will try the blush but will also try the face palette as eyeshadows. I normally do not wear blush though. I don't really use a concealer either although I am sure I will eventually need to as darker circles under they eyes runs in my family as the ladies get older. More of puffiness that causes shadowing under the eyes I guess than true dark circles? But I will try it out and see what it does.

I can't imagine brick red concealer??? I will have to check that out. Never heard of that before and I am sure I would have cringed if I saw it but hey, if it works?! 

If this foundation stands the test of time, I will have to give her other products a try, like that powder foundation you mentioned. I love my LG baked elements foundation but would try another if I could find a good deal on it.

The lipstick seems to have the you either love it or hate it kind of thing going on! I am thinking the color will work (haven't tried it yet though so we shall see) but am not looking forward to the scent everyone pretty much is complaining about. Hopefully it doesn't tingle. I don't like that.

Anyway, I will update when I try the other items! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

So I tried the face palette with the blush and the lipgloss and they are both a no go for me. I will keep this kit but I cancelled my AD. The blush turned a really unnatural coralish pink on me, regardless of how little I used it was always too much. I normally don't wear blush anyway but if I do, it has to be really subtle and natural looking. I tried a few of the colors as eyeshdows but, again, they just look "off" on me, not flattering at all.

The lipgloss was awful. The scent was awful and there was this tingling to it, which I don't like. It wasn't an intense tingling but it was noticeable. Also, the color looked horrible on me. It was a bright pinkish color with a slight brown undertone to it and when I wiped it off, like others mentiioned, it left a stain that took scrubbing with coconut oil to get off. It also caused the area on the outside of my lips to look a bit red and irritated, although it didn't feel irritated. That was kind of odd. The lipgloss color, like the blush, was a very unnatural color on me.

So sadly, although I liked the foundation it isn't enough for me to stay on AD and I am not sure I like the foundation enough to repurchase on its' own as I have some BB creams I like just as well when I use something other than my Laura Geller baked elements foundation.

I wish it worked out for me.