Honored Contributor

Re: Review of Eve Pearl TSV.

Mine still hasn't arrived.  If it is a return, it will probably be my last QVC cosmetic purchase unless it is a reorder of something I know works for me.  They sure didn't show the shades sufficiently.

Honored Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

@Terrywu wrote:

Hi,

Received mine yesterday.  Also received IT Celebration foundation.  Really like the Eve Pearl products.  The foundation is a great match for my skin tone.  Thought the IT would be my favorite, but I find that shade of medium too light.  I really look pasty.  So I will keep the one, I thought would be going back and return the one I thought would be my favorite.  Go figure.

It Eve Pearl TSV that I ordered hasn't even arrived so I am laughing that some of you have tried it for a few days. I ordered it Monday evening and not Tuesday when i found the TSV link with the lower price.

Just wanted to point out that I have both the It Celebration ILLUMINATION foundation in the white compact and the It Celebration foundation in the black compact in medium.  The Illumination compact is lighter than the regular celebration foundation in the black compact.

Mine won't be here until Thursday so you aren't the only one. QVC shipping is slow as molasses. I won't get to try it until the Monday or Tuesday after that since I'm out of town.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered the Medium and the Tan.  After several tries with the foundation, I've found that with a little water, the application is much prettier and more natural looking  Like several others, I'm just looking for a more sheer overalll wash of color.  I'm still working on perfecting, since I only received the kit Friday afternoon. The blushes are different in both the medium and tan kits and are very pigmented and pretty,  I have actually tried wearing the blush in the tan kit as eyeshadow, and the colors are beautiful.  Again...  you must be careful in the application since the pigment is intense.  It's better to start light and layer the color (whether used as a blush or shadow).

I HATE the lip product in this kit.  Not a fan of the color, but the scent is repulsive to me...  it's a very artificial grapefrut and way too strong. 

The concealer is nice but must be used with a light hand and blended properly.

Still testing out the kits and will make my decision this week..

Trusted Contributor

I received mine on Saturday.  I ordered the medium.  I immediately opened it and tried it out.  First time, epic fail.  Yesterday, I played with it and it looked nice.  I wanted to see if I could get the application right before having to do it in the morning before work at 5:00 a.m..  I used it this morning - way too much trouble for me personally to get the look I want.  I can get it with this and the color is OK, but I simply can't be bothered with all the steps.  Too much blending - you really need to blend this well.  It also does settle into fine lines, wrinkles and pores.  I did do a deep pore cleanse and used primer and still I could see things I didn't even know were there. The lipstick is awful - it's a peachy color and stinks - not the neutral pinkish mauve which is what it looks like in the tube.  The blush is good and highly pigmented.  The brushes I don't find to be anything special at all.  I prefer my IT or Tarte brushes that I've had forever.  I will most likely return this kit because my other make-up suits me better and application is much easier and overall - it just looks better on me.  I'm glad I tried it, but I won't be purchasing this brand again.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nycgrl wrote:

I received mine on Saturday.  I ordered the medium.  I immediately opened it and tried it out.  First time, epic fail.  Yesterday, I played with it and it looked nice.  I wanted to see if I could get the application right before having to do it in the morning before work at 5:00 a.m..  I used it this morning - way too much trouble for me personally to get the look I want.  I can get it with this and the color is OK, but I simply can't be bothered with all the steps.  Too much blending - you really need to blend this well.  It also does settle into fine lines, wrinkles and pores.  I did do a deep pore cleanse and used primer and still I could see things I didn't even know were there. The lipstick is awful - it's a peachy color and stinks - not the neutral pinkish mauve which is what it looks like in the tube.  The blush is good and highly pigmented.  The brushes I don't find to be anything special at all.  I prefer my IT or Tarte brushes that I've had forever.  I will most likely return this kit because my other make-up suits me better and application is much easier and overall - it just looks better on me.  I'm glad I tried it, but I won't be purchasing this brand again.

nycgrl 

***   OMG,  I did the same thing over the weekend.  I have my make up routine for Mon-Fri, and wanted to test out the application before I would even consider doing it during the week.  Not happening!   My routine is so set that I'm in and out of the bathroom...   shower, make up, body lotion, etc within a 2-3 min window on any given week day.  This make up would not fit into that routine.  I'm still going to give it more of a chance, but I think I may be returning.  And...    I like the one foundation application brush, but not a fan of the fan brush!

Respected Contributor

Got my kit home and have used it three times, never went out of the house with this on.

I got the medium. Once I got the coverage correct, the color was ultimately too orange. I guess I got caught up in the hype on that. Will say that the texture on my skin was light and very comfortable. But I don't like to play mixology in the bathroom. Maybe with eye shadow, but not foundation.

The idea of a "salmon" concealer may work for some, but not me. Again it didn't go with my medium light to medium complexion. I looked bruised, even after using more light than salmon.

The quad went on beautifully, very subtle but with the off color of the foundation, it wasn't a hit. Used as shadow, where I DID mix, it was pretty.

The lip-gloss was a great color for me, very flattering. The problem was it stunk up the bathroom with a grapefruit/gasoline scent. Not good. I like to choose my own perfume thank you very much!

Needless to say, it has been packaged for return. I am sad, was really hoping this would be a winner! Special thanks to @SahmIam and @CANDLEQUEEN for all your help and suggestions! I guess this is why Eve Pearl is a professional make-up artist and I am not!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Yikes lots of disappointed users! I will not be happy if it finds any issues and exaggerates them, kind of like the IT foundation did. I am super worried about the lipgloss-that scent sounds awful. Smiley Sad 

Trusted Contributor

Mine has been packed up for return.  I wore it all day yesterday and was very self-conscious and didn't like the way it looked half-way through the day.  I need to be comfortable in my skin and not be concerned about my make-up.  I am disappointed in this one more than the others for some reason.  I guess I expected too much from an Emmy Winning Make-Up Artist.  I won't be purchasing any more make-up any time soon.  Will stick with what works for me even though it is boring Woman LOL

@HappyDaze - I hope it works for you.  Reviews are very mixed.  Report back when you receive.

Respected Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

Mine has been packed up for return.  I wore it all day yesterday and was very self-conscious and didn't like the way it looked half-way through the day.  I need to be comfortable in my skin and not be concerned about my make-up.  I am disappointed in this one more than the others for some reason.  I guess I expected too much from an Emmy Winning Make-Up Artist.  I won't be purchasing any more make-up any time soon.  Will stick with what works for me even though it is boring Woman LOL

@HappyDaze - I hope it works for you.  Reviews are very mixed.  Report back when you receive.

@NYCGal doing the same thing.   Not thrilled with this kit.  Was hopeful, but too much of it just doesn't work for me either.  

Respected Contributor

I received my kit last night and experimented with it, then wore it all day today.  Makeup is still on at almost 6pm so that is good for me.   I ordered the light but wonder if the medium might have been slightly better for me.  I am not sure if I look any better with this than with my usual foundation though.  I've been using NARS radiant cream foundation which I like and I do not have to blend it.  I guess I need to do one half of my face with this, and one half with the old in order to compare!

The only thing I did not care for was the lip gloss.  It is too dark for my taste and my lips got that tingly feeling from something in it.  I get that from some brands of lip gloss so maybe I'm allergic to one of the ingrediants.