Super Contributor

Re: Review of Eve Pearl TSV.

So I have used the products a few time by applying it with different tools

First I will say the quality of this TSV by Eve Pearl is wonder and they feel like nothing on your face 

The brushes are really nice too,

But for me, I have so many foundations and I have to say this one wears all day.  The finish is pretty but for me I have used the brush, other brushes and a beauty blender and it settles into my pores even with primer or without.  I usually don't  like stick or cream (in compact) foundations because they dont leave a smooth finish on my skin.  

I think if i sheered it out with water it would look better ( but sometimes adding water makes foundation blouchy) but I want a medium coverage  that looks like skin and have foundations that look flawless

So for me this will be returned, but i am glad i tried it, it was a great deal and wonderful products and quality.

Super Contributor

Just received my medium color kit today.  I am a redhead with light to medium coloring and I agonized between the the light and medium.  The medium is perfect for me - I think it works so much better than anything else because you can play with the amount of the light and dark to get it just right.  Also my dry skin loves the feel.  The concealor may take me longer to master.  The color pallette which I was a little afraid of looks great me!  I love the brushes and the lip stick color is surprising good for me - not too bright but really brightens me up.  I don't mind the unusual smell, almost like a grapefruit to me?   So haven't tested on how it holds up for an entire, but so far very happy!

Valued Contributor

Hi,

Received mine yesterday.  Also received IT Celebration foundation.  Really like the Eve Pearl products.  The foundation is a great match for my skin tone.  Thought the IT would be my favorite, but I find that shade of medium too light.  I really look pasty.  So I will keep the one, I thought would be going back and return the one I thought would be my favorite.  Go figure.

Trusted Contributor

I'm really happy with this kit!  I do not like the lip color and wish I hadn't tested it as I'm stuck with it now, but love everything else.  I've been using the medium Eve Pearl already, but the new quad was unexpected!  I thought that it would be overpowering as it looked like everyone was applying it with a heavy hand in the demos, but in real life, I'm able to get a perfect, natural looking cheek by just touching the brush gently in the middle of the palette.  Very beautiful! 

Respected Contributor

@matthew wrote:

Thanks for the detailed review.  I am a women of color and find that many brands have strong orange undertones making them unwearable.

For anyone interested (using MAC as a reference: I am NW45) I find the best foundation/concealer brands are Becca (Syrup)for concealer, Laura Mercier (Mocha) tinted moisturizer and of course MAC.

I feel your pain?  Wow - orange undertones!

I am very fair, and everything has YELLOW undertones for me.  I just don't get this.

I bet other women with your skin tone have the same feeling, as I do with mine.  Yet they keep on with it.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam...Thanks for the detailed review! I'm sorry it didn't really work for you. I haven't recieved mine yet, but I also ordered the fair. I'm a redhead, no freckles, but very fair with pink undertones. I also have Rosacea, so the pink is more than undertones these days. Thanks again for the info. I'll have to post back when I get my kit.

Regular Contributor

After trying it several ways, my kit is returning to QVC. I felt it just didn't look as good on me as I had hoped. Plus it tended to look too peachy on my fair skin, which is not a good look for me. I'm happy I tried it, though.

Trusted Contributor

As a follow up, I don't wear this foundation for heavy coverage.  I wear it very sheared out for flawless skin and undereye discoloration repair.  I find that if I apply it too heavy it does not look good and looks cakey on my chin and undereye areas.

If I actually have a blemish to spot-cover up, I do not use the Eve Pearl concealer or foundation on that spot.  I find these products are very different from other cosmetics in this way.  Just wanted to give some input as I've been happily using her products for a while now and wanted to share what works for me.  

More is not better when it comes to EvePearl cosmetics.  They are highly pigmented and should be applied with a light hand.  If anyone is unhappy with this kit, I recommend you try it one more time using half of the product that you originally used.

Contributor

I reviewed this a couple of days ago and really like how  it looks and feels, however not sure it likes me.  After a couple days of use my face looks red, almost like a slight sunburn feel.  Very tight and uncomfortable.  Haven't changed anything else in my skincare routine, just this new makeup line.  Not sure if there are anything in products that would cause such a reaction.  I'll give it a few days and try again and see what happens.

Respected Contributor

@Terrywu wrote:

Hi,

Received mine yesterday.  Also received IT Celebration foundation.  Really like the Eve Pearl products.  The foundation is a great match for my skin tone.  Thought the IT would be my favorite, but I find that shade of medium too light.  I really look pasty.  So I will keep the one, I thought would be going back and return the one I thought would be my favorite.  Go figure.

It Eve Pearl TSV that I ordered hasn't even arrived so I am laughing that some of you have tried it for a few days. I ordered it Monday evening and not Tuesday when i found the TSV link with the lower price.

Just wanted to point out that I have both the It Celebration ILLUMINATION foundation in the white compact and the It Celebration foundation in the black compact in medium.  The Illumination compact is lighter than the regular celebration foundation in the black compact.