Trusted Contributor

Review of BareMinerals Divine Decadence TSV

i got my kit and after using it for a couple of days, felt compelled to review it.

The gel eyeliner and brush are incredible.  I did not think I would like it as much as I do.  I'm comparing this to Mac Fluidline and Physicians Formula since those are the other gel pots that I own.  This stuff stays put like no other.  I used the brush to press the liner between my eyelashes as onto my inner rim of my top lid.  This does not budge even on my inner rim.  Most inner run eyeliners get onto my lower inner rim, but this does not.  Big thumbs up for this.

The eyeshadow is different/better than other crayon type eyeshadows in my opinion.  It does feel oddly "cool" when you apply it, and it goes on very silky.  It also stays put all day, and the shade is really the perfect shade for my blue eyes.  Overall, these two eye products are s amazing and I'm hopeful that they don't dry out like other gel products.  

The face brush is very soft and I love it for mineral veil.  I have probably close to 100 brushes, and this one is similar to an Ecotools one that I own, but I am happy to have another looser synthetic brush in my arsenal.  

I did not try the mascara because I have other open and need to hold off, but even if it's "ok" I will use it.

the blush is a good color - a natural pinched cheeks shade that isn't pink or purplish like others I own.  It isn't peachy either, so I'm happy with it.  Like other BE blushes, it isn't super pigmented so easy to apply without over applying. 

I was was worried about the lipstick because it looked too deep for me, but like other Moxies, once you apply is sort of blends and fades within a couple of minutes.  I will definitely wear this.  It is prettier than I thought and with a full face of this set, I feel like the colors are very flattering on my medium warm skin.  Really nice stuff.

Now for the rant....the mineral veil.  it is very glittery. I tapped my brush in a beam of sunlight that was coming in my window and it looked like I'd sprinkled glittery fairy dust about.  It even showed us as individual glitter on my face.  I'm not a glitter-hater, and I agree that a little shimmer can flatter even older skin, but this is a sparkley veil.  I am disappointed with it, and since it is going to be in the upcoming ADs I'm going to need to decide whether or not to cancel them.  I think that I will try mixing it with an unflattering tinted mineral veil I already own to see if the two together work, but I cannot believe the host claimed that this was a "pearl" effect when it is clearly a sparkley effect.  Applied over my regular BE foundation this made my face super shiny.  Just terrible.  

Overall, I still think the set is worth $49 but that mineral veil almost breaks it for me.  If I didn't love the liner and shadow so much I would probably return this due to the veil,  I was in need of a mineral veil too, so what a bummer that this one doesn't work for me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Review of BareMinerals Divine Decadence TSV

The mineral veil sounds like the IT illuminating CC cream foundation.  I wore it several times and then one day I caught myself in my car mirror and saw that it looked like I had glitter all over my face!  I couldn't see it inside when I put my makeup on in the bathroom.  I was pretty horrified - I ran in the house, washed my face and put other makeup on.  Won't use it again.  And it's funny, they always say "it's not glittery" - - -

Honored Contributor

I didn't find the mineral veil to be in the least bit glimmery.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like this kit, I agree with OP's review except I think I might really like the MV which is surprising as I don't usually like shimmer. I guess I just haven't found it too shimmery, I have looked at it in my 15 magnifcation makeup mirror but not in natural (sunlight) light. I may reconsider after I check it out with a mirror in the sunlight. Love the gloss, I wouldn't wear the color in a lipstick but the gloss sheers a bit and is very wearable on my light/medium complexion and brightens my face and eyes. It doesn't dry out my lips and last a long time for a gloss.I hadn't considered tight lining with the eyeliner so I'm glad to hear that worked well. I'll try that tomorrow. I'm happy with the mascara as the new smaller brush is so much easier to work with and I can get the lashes in the inner corner of my eyes because of the brush. The mascara hasn't clumped or smeared on me. The liner stays put. I have to use a primer to keep the eyeshadow on, otherwise it wears off halfway through my day. None of the eye products bother my sensitives eyes so that's a big plus for me. I think I'll stay on auto delivery. Nice to get a kit I'm happy with, hasn't happened for me much lately!

Respected Contributor

I've been wearing that Mineral Veil every day over my foundation (BE medium beige, from another TSV.) I love it. It really adds a slightly diffused dimension. It's not shimmery or glittery --the diamond "dust" is very finely milled. 

Love that eyeshadow too. In fact, I wear the entire kit every day except for the lip gloss. I don't like much scent in my lipstick and this has a chocolate mint fragrance--nice but I don't want any. I prefer that Oil Balm stick from the last TSV I bought. Really wonderful texture. 

Over all, I'm very happy with this kit and the blush, Mineral Veil and the eye shadow are my favorite parts. 

Super Contributor

I was really hoping to love this kit but mine is going back due to the glitter in the MV.  I loved the Moxie gloss and eye liner though.  Unfortunatley in full sunlight I can see shimmer particles all over my face.  Man Frustrated

Frequent Contributor

I'm going to return mine.  The MV is like highlighter powder.  Applying it all over my face is accentuating things I don't necessarily want accentuated.  I find it highlighting rather than minimizing the pores on either side of my nose (inner cheek area)  as well as other skin imperfections.  I had to tone down the shimmer with another face powder.  After a few hours I noticed my face looked muddy.  Highlighted and muddy.  Ugh.

The eyeliner applied nicely but was completely gone in a few hours.  I've gotten rather used to eyeliners that hang around forever so this was a bust for me.

The eyeshadow stick was nice but I find the cooling effect (menthol?) unnecessary.  Staying power is adequate but nothing to write home about.

The blush oxidizes and becomes muddy.

The lip color is nice if a tad dark for me.

The mascara is fine.  

Trusted Contributor

For me personally, I do not want glitter particles on my forehead, chin or nose.  I can see it on my face in the sun and certain lighting.  And I do not want to have to switch between two mineral veils when I'm putting in my makeup.  I also own It cosmetics Illuminating Bye Bye Pores and although I do love ot's pearly sheen, I struggle to use it because I don't like needing to switch between two "finishing powders" after applying my makeup.  And since I prefer the BBP illuminating powder for highlighting, I am not likely going to use this diamond powder often.  Oh well.  I do love that shadow and liner so I'm not returning anything.  

Valued Contributor

Thank you for this detailed review of Divne D/ TSV!  I like the mineral veil in original. I am hoping that the Q will offer the super duper size of this product soon. I do have a mineral veil *Feather Light* size .86/24g that has fine milled glitter in it. was this called gossamer?well it is glitter and shows up outside in daylight but may be OK for evening wear.  a little goes a LONG way.  again, hoping Q will offer original mineral veil in super size soon. CAT

Honored Contributor

@Adelm wrote:

I'm going to return mine.  The MV is like highlighter powder.  Applying it all over my face is accentuating things I don't necessarily want accentuated.  I find it highlighting rather than minimizing the pores on either side of my nose (inner cheek area)  as well as other skin imperfections.  I had to tone down the shimmer with another face powder.  After a few hours I noticed my face looked muddy.  Highlighted and muddy.  Ugh.

The eyeliner applied nicely but was completely gone in a few hours.  I've gotten rather used to eyeliners that hang around forever so this was a bust for me.

The eyeshadow stick was nice but I find the cooling effect (menthol?) unnecessary.  Staying power is adequate but nothing to write home about.

The blush oxidizes and becomes muddy.

The lip color is nice if a tad dark for me.

The mascara is fine.  

I so am the "odd man out".  I found NO glimmer with the mineral veil.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"