Honored Contributor

WOW!  Did I learn a lesson today!  I rarely (maybe once a year or less) return QVC items for a "full" refund, so I didn't realize just how badly the customer gets taken advantage of with a return until today.  I recently ordered a beauty product that was $38.12, which I thought was a good value.  With shipping ($10.47 because I live in Hawaii) and taxes ($2.19), my order total came to $50.78.  When it arrived I used it for about 3 weeks and didn't like it, so as I have done in years past, I returned it using the standard $6.95 pre-printed label.  As in years past I assumed (there I go assuming), that I would get a refund of $43.83 ($50.78-$6.95).  Well, to my surpise I only received a refund of $33.36 ($4.76 less than the original cost of the item). When I called to question it I was informed I had to pay the original shipping of $10.47, plus the return shipping of $6.95.  Lovely...I paid $17.42 to try a product for 3 weeks and return it.  From now on when I hear a host say a single word about QVCs wonderful return policy, "so if you're on the fence, just try it", I'll glady JUST SAY NO!  I don't want to rent a beauty product for 3 weeks, then get a 66% refund.  I can promise you, this won't happen a second time.

Pitiful...QVC...absolutely pitiful.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Surfer Wife wrote:

WOW!  Did I learn a lesson today!  I rarely (maybe once a year or less) return QVC items for a "full" refund, so I didn't realize just how badly the customer gets taken advantage of with a return until today.  I recently ordered a beauty product that was $38.12, which I thought was a good value.  With shipping ($10.47 because I live in Hawaii) and taxes ($2.19), my order total came to $50.78.  When it arrived I used it for about 3 weeks and didn't like it, so as I have done in years past, I returned it using the standard $6.95 pre-printed label.  As in years past I assumed (there I go assuming), that I would get a refund of $43.83 ($50.78-$6.95).  Well, to my surpise I only received a refund of $33.36 ($4.76 less than the original cost of the item). When I called to question it I was informed I had to pay the original shipping of $10.47, plus the return shipping of $6.95.  Lovely...I paid $17.42 to try a product for 3 weeks and return it.  From now on when I hear a host say a single word about QVCs wonderful return policy, "so if you're on the fence, just try it", I'll glady JUST SAY NO!  I don't want to rent a beauty product for 3 weeks, then get a 66% refund.  I can promise you, this won't happen a second time.

Pitiful...QVC...absolutely pitiful.

QVC changed their shipping costs and returns policy several months ago and it was announced.  It's a customer's responsibility to know what they're getting into.

Honored Contributor

I too have had some surprises when I returned an item that didn't fit quite right. Perhaps they should say on their programs that you get your money back, minus the original shipping cost and an additional shipping (or handling) fee of $6.95. Too bad. Not sure what other shopping channels do in similar circumstances.

Respected Contributor

So if it's a large item such as an artificial tree with t...

So if it's a large item such as an artificial tree with the shipping being about fifty dollars, total return would be in the neighborhood of a hundred. ):
Respected Contributor

JeanLouiseFinch is absolutely correct....it was announced, it was all over the website for weeks before it happened, and emails were sent out (though everyone may not have received those).

Honored Contributor

Re: So if it's a large item such as an artificial tree with t...

@Azcowgirl wrote:
So if it's a large item such as an artificial tree with the shipping being about fifty dollars, total return would be in the neighborhood of a hundred. ):

I just looked up a 7' tree and the shipping was $22 one way, not $50, but yes. You could either  wait for free shipping or buy from another source. I look for items locally and always factor shipping into my cost comparisons. Sometimes I'm willing to pay more for convenience, like someone delivering an item to my door and picking a return up from my door if I don't like it and will pay more for that convenience. The more shipping costs, the more I consider the possibility of a return and the hassle involved in the return.

Just be a savvy shopper. If shipping is $50 and you may want to return it, add that to the cost comparison and look for items locally. Walmart, Home Depot, and Target all have artificial trees at Christmas and you can usually get them on sale the day after Christmas.

Valued Contributor

With the new policy, I too, have been having problems that I have never experienced before.  My decision to purchase in the future is very much in jeopardy.

Product returned can take up to three weeks or more to finally arrive there and be processed using the pre-paid label.  It is very slow. Product returned to HSN with their pre-paid label can and does arrive in a day or two and processed immediately. Returned something to them last Friday,July 24 and today, July 27, I received a confirmation of my return....now that is fast!   And in the meantime, they sent out my replacement product.  Smiley Happy  When I asked the Q one time why things are taking so long with them, they really had no answer other than the script they are given.....this is sad.

When time allows, I will use the Q pre-paid label....otherwise, I will send items  back with my own postage so they get it much faster and can process the return faster. Two weeks to get back to them and sometimes two more weeks if they can't find the return ...even if it is scanned, they will not refund, it has to be physically opened which I can understand to a point. They must have been having serious problems with people sending back things that really were not there in the package. 

We learn as we go......my purchases are far and few between now with all the new policies.  Don't have the time or want to take the time for all of this.   So sad.

Honored Contributor

I called CS about a return and the CS agent tracked it for me. She said she would make a note in my file. The exchange came quickly after the return was received by the Q.

returns can now be tracked day by day. You shouldn't have to pay if the post office/carrier is slow. I have never had an issue getting a refund.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

When QVC changed the shipping charges (lowered them) they also changed the policy of returning your shipping fee (they keep it).  QVC made a smart move to make more money so if you think you are getting a deal with lower shipping rates, think again.  They really need to give you your original shipping fee back if you return something.  Think about it, they charge shipping on each and every item.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

The new shipping and return policy has seriously curtailed my QVC spending.  Boy ever do I think twice before I buy and you know what, most time the few minutes I take to think about it makes me realize that I really don't need/want the item after all.

Wonder if anyone at the Q is examining the purchasing habits of their long time customers and noticing the difference in the number of items purchased.  Just a thought, QVC, just a thought

Maria