Valued Contributor

Response from Mally's team about warning label

I just received this response today in reply to my email. I have also posted in on existing posts.

Thank you for your email! The chemical in the mascara is Triethanolamine, which may contain Diethanolamine or DEA, a listed chemical under a chemical disclosure law specific to California known as Proposition 65. Because Triethanolamine may be associated with Diethanolamine or DEA, the label on the mascara was required. We do not use this label elsewhere, as it is not required by other regulatory groups, such as the European Union and the Food and Drug Administration. Triethanolamine is a synthetic, pale yellow liquid and is used an emulsifier in a variety of cosmetic and personal care products, including eyeliners, mascara, eye shadows, blushers, make-up bases and foundations, as well as in fragrances, hair care products, hair dyes, wave sets, shaving products, sunscreens, and skin care and skin cleansing products. It is in our Volumizing and Ginormous Mascara, not in our waterproof formulas.

Best,

Blake

Honored Contributor

Re: Response from Mally's team about warning label

Thank you for sharing this information. It is odd that QVC never responded to all the questions regarding this but at least Mally's CS was forthcoming with the information.

Honored Contributor

I just received another order of Mally volumizing mascara; it is still in the box and I just checked: no warning label or sticker on mine.

Honored Contributor

On 4/6/2014 upsidedown said:

I just received another order of Mally volumizing mascara; it is still in the box and I just checked: no warning label or sticker on mine.

I believe the warning may only be going to customers in California; it is required by a law in that state.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for Sharing, I used Mally's for years but have been using Tarte for the past 8 months

Honored Contributor

On 4/6/2014 upsidedown said:

Someone on the other thread here said the same thing. I told her that I'm guessing that if Mally makes different mascara formulas, that might be the reason. The ingredient that triggered the warning might not be in each formula.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland