Trusted Contributor

Replacement for Mary Kay Day Radiance Cream Foundation?

I have worn Mary Kay Day Radiance Cream Foundation for several years and it has been recently discontinued, so now the search is on.  I am wondering if any of you ladies have used it and can recommend a similar foundation?  I have tried all the other Mary Kay foundations, as well as Merle Norman foundations with no luck.  Thank you in advance for any recommedations!  Smiley Happy

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

Re: Replacement for Mary Kay Day Radiance Cream Foundation?

I'm amazed that MK discontinued theeir Day Radiance Cream Foundation!

I used it for several years and loved it.  Since I no longer had a MK rep, I switched to HSN's Signature Club A by Adrienne,  years ago.  She has some fantastic foundations, and a couple that were duds for me.  The closest I would consider to replace the MK Cream, come in  little jars, not compacts.  There are a couple of them.  Whatever you try, you can send back if you don't like them.

Trusted Contributor

@Anniecamp wrote:

I used it for several years and loved it.  Since I no longer had a MK rep, I switched to HSN's Signature Club A by Adrienne,  years ago.  She has some fantastic foundations, and a couple that were duds for me.  The closest I would consider to replace the MK Cream, come in  little jars, not compacts.  There are a couple of them.  Whatever you try, you can send back if you don't like them.

Hi @Anniecamp, thank you for the recommendation!  I looked on HSN's website and it appears Signature A Club has a few in jars.  Do you happen to remember the name(s) of the one you thought was close to MK's Day Radiance?  Thank so much for your help!  Smiley Happy

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

Doll 10 Conceal It Concealer, sold here she usually says in each presentation that it can be worn as a cream foundation. I loved the MK one, but this one is pretty good. 

Trusted Contributor

@SavvyChic wrote:

Doll 10 Conceal It Concealer, sold here she usually says in each presentation that it can be worn as a cream foundation. I loved the MK one, but this one is pretty good. 

Thank you, @IMissSuperPoke!  I will check this one out, too.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I hate it when companies discontinue items.  Mary Kay also discontinued their extra emollient cleansing cream also.  UGH!

Trusted Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I hate it when companies discontinue items.  Mary Kay also discontinued their extra emollient cleansing cream also.  UGH!

Yes, @hoosieroriginal, I loved that product, too!  Smiley Frustrated

Valued Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@Anniecamp wrote:

Hi @Anniecamp, thank you for the recommendation!  I looked on HSN's website and it appears Signature A Club has a few in jars.  Do you happen to remember the name(s) of the one you thought was close to MK's Day Radiance?  Thank so much for your help!  Smiley Happy

So sorry, it took me so long to get back to you.  Actually there are several that I like!  Generally, I don't buy anything separately, so I end up trying different things from kits for close to the same price as a single item.

#394-393  Rapid Transport C Foundation Infused Breathable Makeup

#124-433  Over 40 Only Vitamin C Foundation

#435-313  SCA Platinum Lavender Under Makeup Base & Foundation

This is a set of compacts for the same price as the single foundation

compact.  I LOVE this set.

#203-126   8 Butters Broad Spectrum SPF25 Makeup (compact)

I really like most of the SCA makeups, although I find the ones in the "stick" to be too dry for me.  I use Fair/Light colors.

Estee Lauder also has (at least they used to, I used it for a while) a

cream makeup in a compact.  I stopped using it since the SCA was so

much less expensive.

I still can't believe MK discontinued their Day Radiance.  Are they crazy?!

Also the cleanser....that was the item that really started MK.

Hope you find something you like soon.Smiley Happy

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

@Anniecamp wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@Anniecamp wrote:

So sorry, it took me so long to get back to you.  Actually there are several that I like!  Generally, I don't buy anything separately, so I end up trying different things from kits for close to the same price as a single item.

#394-393  Rapid Transport C Foundation Infused Breathable Makeup

#124-433  Over 40 Only Vitamin C Foundation

#435-313  SCA Platinum Lavender Under Makeup Base & Foundation

This is a set of compacts for the same price as the single foundation

compact.  I LOVE this set.

#203-126   8 Butters Broad Spectrum SPF25 Makeup (compact)

I really like most of the SCA makeups, although I find the ones in the "stick" to be too dry for me.  I use Fair/Light colors.

Estee Lauder also has (at least they used to, I used it for a while) a

cream makeup in a compact.  I stopped using it since the SCA was so

much less expensive.

I still can't believe MK discontinued their Day Radiance.  Are they crazy?!

Also the cleanser....that was the item that really started MK.

Hope you find something you like soon.Smiley Happy

Spoiler

Oh my gosh @Anniecamp, thank you so much for the detailed response!  I will definitely check these options out and place an order for the Signature A foundations.  I have never tried their products before, hopefully one will be a good substitute for me.  Thanks so much!  😊

Respected Contributor

You can also try Shiseido Hydro Liquid compact which is refillable. I'm not sure if HSN sells it,but Sephora does.

I hate when they discontinue a popular item. MK made the best lipgloss (Pink Pout) which was an unusual but natural color--a sort of brownish mauve pink with shimmer. It was hugely popular. Nothing they've made since compares to it.