Valued Contributor

Recs for BHA Cleanser Please

Hi,

Thinking of incorporating a BHA cleanser. Wanting to clean out pores to make sure they are the cleanest possible to get them smaller.  Any recs?

I'm using up cleansers looking toward going to a simpler routine of:

AM

Cleanser

Paula's Choice 2% BHA 

Some kind of sunscreen/moisturizer (probably only need sunscreen for spring/summer as I tend to get oilier then))

PM

Cleanser

Paula's Choice Retinol

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Recs for BHA Cleanser Please

@seehorse  I don't keep up on what PC has in her lineup, but I bet if you called or emailed her company they could recommend something, since it seems this is a popular ingredient for them.

I can personally recommend Skinn's AM cleanser.  It has both BHA and AHA ingredients.

Valued Contributor

I went to the dermatologist yesterday and asked her the same question.  I just assumed she would recommend what they sell (expensive!) but she told me to order Glyderm Facial Cleanser from Amazon.  She said she has used it for years and really likes it.  Looked at her complexion and she has large pores, but they're clear.  So I took her advice and should receive it tomorrow.  Hope it works!

Honored Contributor

I personally think that any active ingredient in a cleanser will have very little effect on your skin.

I want a cleanser that cleanses well but gently and leaves my skin hydrated. For anything else, I use other products that are not rinsed off -- PC's BHA 2% liquid, PC's 1% Clinical retinol, and a high-percentage Matrixyl serum from NCN Skincare.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@seehorse  I don't keep up on what PC has in her lineup, but I bet if you called or emailed her company they could recommend something, since it seems this is a popular ingredient for them.

I can personally recommend Skinn's AM cleanser.  It has both BHA and AHA ingredients.

Hi JLF,

Skinn AM is one that I'm using up that I like, so maybe I'll continue with that.  I didn't realize it had both AHAs & BHAs. Maybe I should pay more attention!   LOL   

Also SuzyQ, Thanks!,

I did see PC had a lot of cleansers, but looking for something less expensive than the Skinn AM and PC's (didn't say that at first).

Good Luck catmamma!!!

Trusted Contributor

I love Paula's Resist BHA and her retinol products.  Right now all her products are 15% with free shipping.  I've been using her products since 1995.  I wouldn't recommend using a product that is AHA and BHA together.  You can use a separate AHA in the morning and BHA at night.  Cleansers with BHA or AHA just wash off. 

Respected Contributor

Since you are using a BHA in the morning and retinol at night, consider using a gentle cleanser without AHA or BHA. Sunscreen is especially important!

Honored Contributor

@seehorse wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Hi JLF,

Skinn AM is one that I'm using up that I like, so maybe I'll continue with that.  I didn't realize it had both AHAs & BHAs. Maybe I should pay more attention!   LOL   

Also SuzyQ, Thanks!,

I did see PC had a lot of cleansers, but looking for something less expensive than the Skinn AM and PC's (didn't say that at first).

Good Luck catmamma!!!

Actually, @seehorse, if you reread my post, I didn't recommend any particular cleanser, just one that, as I said, cleanses well, hydrates, and leaves my skin soft -- and to add, of course, one that is pH-balanced.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland