Frequent Contributor

Recommendation for drugstore facial exfoliator/scrubs for facial cleanser. HELP

Hi everyone.  Can you please recommend a good drugstore facial exfoliator or scrub cleanser to clean the face?  I am looking for something that has the beads to really exfoliate or cleanse your face.  I do not want an expensive, since this is something I will use all the time.  Please help.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Recommendation for drugstore facial exfoliator/scrubs for facial cleanser. HELP

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendation for drugstore facial exfoliator/scrubs for facial cleanser. HELP

If you want a cheap exfoliator, you can add super fine granulated sugar to your cleanser.

Trusted Contributor

yep! or sea salt or vitamin c crystals....    You can buy pure, unadulterated, micronized vitamin C similar to Philosophy's Turboboost C powder at excellent prices in either health or beauty departments !

Respected Contributor

Neutrogena has one my DH likes a lot. If you like to use wipes to clean your face "Simple" has an exfoliating one...bonus that you don't have to rinse granules off your face. I use that 2-3 nights a week to remove my makeup. Baking soda mixed with any facial cleanser you like is cheap and does a great job. I do that a couple of mornings a week...but NOT the morning after I've used the exfoliating wipe the night before.

Honored Contributor

My favorite for years has been St. Ives Apricot Scrub.  Creamy with micro apricot pit pieces .  I love it and the best part is that at the most I've spent $3.60 for a tube....  (less if it's on sale)..... Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I have been using Clean and Clear facial scrub, costs about $6 a tube. I cleanse twice a day. Works great

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

My favorite for years has been St. Ives Apricot Scrub.  Creamy with micro apricot pit pieces .  I love it and the best part is that at the most I've spent $3.60 for a tube....  (less if it's on sale)..... Woman LOL 

I've seen warnings online to avoid this kind as the ground up pieces of pit or shell can have rough edges that make micro tears in the skin.  

Trusted Contributor

"For the face, I like the combination of crystals for mechanical exfoliation and lactic acid for chemical exfoliation in the Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System. For a more gentle treatment, Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub uses softer beads to loosen dead skin. " WebMD review

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I've seen warnings online to avoid this kind as the ground up pieces of pit or shell can have rough edges that make micro tears in the skin.  

--------------------------------------------------

I've used this brand for over 30 years... I've never had a problem of any kind.  I also don't know if they've changed the scrub material.... they may have, but just a note that Ive never noticed anything but clean, pink skin.  I just bought some the other day, and it's as nice as it's always been....  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*