Trusted Contributor

Recommendation Please ~ Best Makeup Brush's for putting on Cream and Gel....

"Blushes and Highlighters"...would really like to get info from you all that have already tried some brushes, and found your favorite.

Thx so much !!   dejavu

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Regular Contributor

Re: Recommendation Please ~ Best Makeup Brush's for putting on Cream and Gel....

The ELF  small stipple brush is my favorite  for cream blushes and highlighters and it's so affordable.

Image result for elf small stipple brush

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendation Please ~ Best Makeup Brush's for putting on Cream and Gel....

Lancôme #6 cheek brush

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

I agree with the ELF Small Stipple Brush recommendation!

Esteemed Contributor

That elf one gets lots of great reviews. And it's cheap.
Respected Contributor

For contour - Sonia Kashuk at Target

Sonia Kashuk Contour Brush, No. 30

Honored Contributor

I purchased a few years ago by Real Techniques 3 different brushes in a set that were under $20.  They are very soft, wash well and don't lose hairs. I bought the set at ULTA.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

My prefered method for appling cream blush or cream highlighter are my fingers and pat it on my cheeks and the same with highlighter. I have used brushes and I find the best for application is a small stipple brush. They sell singles of Elf and Real Techniques which work well and the price is so reasonable I would suggest to buy 2...one for blush and the other for highlighter. If you have applied to much then use either a beauty blender or a those cosmetic sponge wedges... just wet and squeeze them and pat them on your cheeks etc. to remove some blush.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your brush info....I'd heard that one of Real Techniques is good for the RMS, LIving Luminizer, from Youtubers... that seems to be the only one that I'm having a real issue with.

It wants to move my foundation off my cheekbones when I use my fingers. So thought I'd try a brush for that one product at least...

I started using RMS cream products, and Tata Harpers highlighter and bronzer. All the rest apply well with fingers except the LL.

I'll give some of these a try since they are so inexpensive...I was going to order a set of RT's from Amaz.. last night, but kept reading that they were fakes ?  So I will pick up RT or Elf, at Ulta or Target.

Thx again Smiley Happy

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

@deja vu  I am surprised the LL doesn't apply well with fingers for you! I've been using that luminzer for years (the only luminizer I actually really love and repurchase) and the only way it goes on really well for me is using my fingertips. I tried brushes but it didn't work out so well. It is fingers all the way for me! Hope you find something that works well for you though. Smiley Happy