Valued Contributor

I love the Tarte amazonian clay volumizing brow & hair powder. It comes in 5 colors. It looks natural and lasts all day. It used to be sold on the Q but I don't see it now. Sephora has it.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

I've discovered that any eyeshadow in an appropriate color can be used for brow powder.  I use a small, stiff, angled brush to apply and I hold the brush almost, but not quite, vertically.  Stays on all day, looks natural, works like a charm.  And I really like not having to open one more container!

The brush came with an order sometime last year of IT's "Naturally Pretty" shadow set plus double-ended brush.  I ended up not liking the shadow but very much like the brush.  They no longer include that same brush with those shadows.  Their brow brush is similar, though.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've used the Joan Rivers brow powder and another one which was a store brand from a Meijer supermarket.  Honestly, they both performed pretty equal to one another, but there was a big difference in price.  I've moved on from the powder though.  I'm loving Maybelline's Brow Drama these days.  

Jean, what is the brow drama like?

my brows are also very sparse, only really in the center and nothing from the center out, no tails at all so, for me I prefer a pencil.  I have tried that little pot of mousse, gels etc but being I have no hairs for them to adhere to it looks worse  so, a pencil looks and works best for me(regular style pencil, not the crayon type) than use a spoolie brush to finish.

I did try and sort of liked the JR great hair day for my brows but someone told me Sally's  has a product almost identical and a lot cheaper but I haven't   looked at it yet.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

It is not a bPowder, but it is the absolute best Brow Product I have ever used, and it is Anastasia's Dipbrow, it is a gel consistency but thicker than a gel, but not too thick, and I have had my pot for 6 months now and product has not dried out. It lasts all day and I mean through everything, I love it. There is a learning curve because if you put too much on you end up looking like Groucho Marx, but once you get the hang of it, it's great! I first read about it on this board and there were so many raves, I just had to try it and I am very glad I did!Anastasia also makes Brow Powder if you prefer that, I have not tried her powder formula though!

i will enthusiastically second candlequeen!

i have tried tons of brow products, and this is by far, the best for me.  what i like most about it over others, is that it DOES NOT COME OFF unless i purposfully take it off.  

i also agree about the learning curve, and in addition, the first pot i bought was way too dark, and so i had to get a lighter one.  a tiny bit goes a long way!  

i can't recommend this product enough.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've used the Joan Rivers brow powder and another one which was a store brand from a Meijer supermarket.  Honestly, they both performed pretty equal to one another, but there was a big difference in price.  I've moved on from the powder though.  I'm loving Maybelline's Brow Drama these days.  

Another fan of Maybelline Brow Drama, JLF. I was hooked on Youngblood's Artiste Brow Powder but Maybelline does just as good a job.

Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I've discovered that any eyeshadow in an appropriate color can be used for brow powder.  I use a small, stiff, angled brush to apply and I hold the brush almost, but not quite, vertically.  Stays on all day, looks natural, works like a charm.  And I really like not having to open one more container!

The brush came with an order sometime last year of IT's "Naturally Pretty" shadow set plus double-ended brush.  I ended up not liking the shadow but very much like the brush.  They no longer include that same brush with those shadows.  Their brow brush is similar, though.  

@GingerPeach

this is a really good suggestion about using eyeshadow for brows.  I recently had my makeup done as a trial for an event I'm going to tomorrow.  I think she used eyeshadow for my brows.  It looked really good.  I'm going to try it.  

Super Contributor

I use Maybelline Brow Powder in light brown.  I love it, it's stockpiled, been my old stanby.  I use it over wet n wild taupe brow pencil.  Super cheap!

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Another fan of Maybelline Brow Drama, JLF. I was hooked on Youngblood's Artiste Brow Powder but Maybelline does just as good a job.

is this the one that looks like a mascara? If so, I am very tempted to give this one a try after hearing about it, looks so easy.

Honored Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

is this the one that looks like a mascara? If so, I am very tempted to give this one a try after hearing about it, looks so easy.

@doglover3 - yes, it comes in a tube like mascara.  The wand has a bigger ball tip than the IT Mascara wand, but it still seems to work fine.  I don't get too much product deposited.  It's so inexpensive, yet it works, that I think it's worth a try.  And yes, it is easy - swipe it against the direction of hair growth and then swipe it in the direction of hair growth and you're done.  Look either on the Ulta or Maybelline websites and you can see the color choices.  It also comes in clear.  

Trusted Contributor

I use Pur Minerals powder & wax. I hear many say thay like the Milani one