Respected Contributor

Rave - Colleen Rothschild Mandelic Acid Radiance Serum

I purchased this serum about 4-5 weeks ago, and have been using it 2-3x/wk at night, alternating nights with my Retinol serum (PC or the Ordinary). I'm REALLY loving this!! It makes my skin feel SO smooth and soft the next day, with no irritation or dryness. I really feel like it has helped with the texture of my skin, as well as the radiance & glow. It's $75, but she frequently has 25-30% off sales. I just realized it's currently sold out, and I apologize about mentioning it while it's unavailable, but wanted to be sure to pass along my positive thoughts on a good product. (I am in no way associated with this brand or anything - I just like this product). I haven't tried out any other products by her, except the facial mist, which was pleasant, but I never expect those to be miracle products! Smiley Happy I'm tempted by the cleansing balm, and will probably try that next. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Rave - Colleen Rothschild Mandelic Acid Radiance Serum

@FUTURE  I've heard really good things about her line also.  I'm also tempted to try her cleansing Balm. I sometimes watch a beauty blogger on YouTube, and she raves about this line. Her name on YouTube is flowerbomb31. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the tip.  I'm in the market for a serum right now so I 'll check it out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I jumped on the CL bandwagon a few years ago when every freaking YouTuber was raving about her stuff. I should have known to be careful because they were all raving about the SAME PRODUCTS. Yes, Colleen did a great job of supplying everyone with free skincare.  With a % off code, I ordered quite a bit. My experience?

*Her free shipping is via Smart Post. Took 3 weeks to get me; shipped from 1 state over.

*Her customer service is horrible

*Reviews are censored heavily.

*She doesn't explain how to use multiple products and contacting CS you can tell they are reading from a script.

*Her products are not meant for very dry skin. Slightly dry is fine but very dry....no.

*Unless you order at least every 3 monhts, you're dropped from their mailing list and getting back on is a nightmare due to horrible CS.

When her line started being sold at BeautyHabit, you rarely heard about her stuff. MsGoldgirl raves about it, Lisalisad1 uses a few items but the hoopla is NOWHERE near what it once was. It didn't sell well at all via BeautyHabit and they've clearance out the majority of her stock.

Now, some of her products ARE excellent. Her retinal is potent. Her scrub is very fine and does a great job. If it works for you, go for it. She's doing 30% off till tomorrow night so now is good time to stock up.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I jumped on the CL bandwagon a few years ago when every freaking YouTuber was raving about her stuff. I should have known to be careful because they were all raving about the SAME PRODUCTS. Yes, Colleen did a great job of supplying everyone with free skincare.  With a % off code, I ordered quite a bit. My experience?

*Her free shipping is via Smart Post. Took 3 weeks to get me; shipped from 1 state over.

*Her customer service is horrible

*Reviews are censored heavily.

*She doesn't explain how to use multiple products and contacting CS you can tell they are reading from a script.

*Her products are not meant for very dry skin. Slightly dry is fine but very dry....no.

*Unless you order at least every 3 monhts, you're dropped from their mailing list and getting back on is a nightmare due to horrible CS.

When her line started being sold at BeautyHabit, you rarely heard about her stuff. MsGoldgirl raves about it, Lisalisad1 uses a few items but the hoopla is NOWHERE near what it once was. It didn't sell well at all via BeautyHabit and they've clearance out the majority of her stock.

Now, some of her products ARE excellent. Her retinal is potent. Her scrub is very fine and does a great job. If it works for you, go for it. She's doing 30% off till tomorrow night so now is good time to stock up.

Wow, @SahmIam, sorry your experience was bad. I'm wondering if when you bought it, the company was growing due to initial surge of YT raves, and they couldn't keep up with stuff. I've ordered from her 3 times (I believe), and have never waited more than 1 week from order placement to receipt of pkg. I've never had to use her CS, so I can't comment on that. Just thought I'd respond to your post to add my experience! Have a nice Thanksgiving! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@FUTURE  I've heard really good things about her line also.  I'm also tempted to try her cleansing Balm. I sometimes watch a beauty blogger on YouTube, and she raves about this line. Her name on YouTube is flowerbomb31. 

@wvumountiefan, I had heard of her before, so went to check her out, and she looks quite different than the last time I saw her. I guess maybe injectibles & such (but it seems like almost every YT'er, no matter the age, is getting them all the time now!). Anyway, if you get any products, I hope you enjoy them! And Happy Thanksgiving!!

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE  The shipping issue was due to the fact she ships using Smart Post when it's FREE shipping. You can still pay for shipping if you want, but if you take advantage of free shipping (due to ordering a certain amount or a code), that's what happens. I had hundreds of dollars of skincare going back and forth (I was tracking it) and OMG, was I ticked. It was my first introduction to Smart Post and since then, yeah, it's a nightmare. I avoid it if I can. Her CS was zero help; they couldn't provide me with ANY tracking info until I got really nasty and threatened to contact my CC and claim mail fraud. Suddenly they had a tracking number for me!!

I don't know if she still uses it or not. The experience with it (and the fact she censors reviews and CS reads from a script) are why I don't shop from her site. I did pick up the few products I love at 75% off at BeautyHabit when they were getting rid of the line.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam, yeah SmartPost is awful. Any time I have something coming SP (which is fairly often), I just cringe. It doesn't help that our mailmen are pitiful. I mean, we've had several lost pkgs AND had several different neighbors pkgs delivered to us. I much prefer UPS around here! (And any time I have a SP post that UPS delivers bc they'll be delivering their own pkgs to me anyway, I feel like I've dodged a bullet! lol!)