Super Contributor

Re: ROGUE POSTER - Farnell Scootsmoot - I reported this person to QVC & they are taking action to stop his posting

Wow whoever this is really made a mess out of the boards.

Super Contributor

Re: ROGUE POSTER - Farnell Scootsmoot - I reported this person to QVC & they are taking action to stop his posting

The comment left by this person doesn't even say 'interesting' as OP said--it says 'in testing' which means absolutely nothing. I hope Q can get this fixed. Crazy that someone would waste their time doing this.

Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2014 mistriTsquirrel said:

I have reported about 20 posts as well, bebe.

They need to have at least one webbie working to take care of this sort of problem when it arises at 3 am.

I have a few candidates when the time comes!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/9/2014 glitzandglam said:

Actually, the poster said, "In testing," which makes me wonder if it was a Q IT person working in the wrong environment. (Technical people usually have a separate environment where they can implement and test new code.) The person had 500 posts, too.

This is an interesting theory! If it is some sort of testing, they are testing our patience, as well! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It's a known troll who does this from time to time under various nics.

Not sure we need 100 threads about it though, just gives 'it' the attention it craves.

Super Contributor

This board should be passworded so only those who sign in can see the entire board content. Right now anyone can view any post. Also all content we personally post can be found in a google search under our screen name.

Q IT need to set up some way to prevent robots and spiders. Those fuzzy random numbers on some websites you must type in to prove you aren't a robot.

This character knew how to hack the code. I doubt someone would sit there and physically reply to every thread.

Trusted Contributor

Somebody give OP her "Deputy Dawg" badge. Ending Silliness on the Internet, One Troll at a Time.

Good grief. Who gives a flip about this kind of stuff? Harmless BB silliness. No big deal.

Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2014 MJ 12 said:

Not sure we need 100 threads about it though, just gives 'it' the attention it craves.

ITA on both counts. I remember when this happened a few months ago, also usually in the middle of the night. I have a pretty good idea who this known troll is, given some info from the last go-around. I'd say it's most definitely not a hacker or bot; it's a human, of sorts.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/9/2014 MJ 12 said:

ITA on both counts. I remember when this happened a few months ago, also usually in the middle of the night. I have a pretty good idea who this known troll is, given some info from the last go-around. I'd say it's most definitely not a hacker or bot; it's a human, of sorts.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2014 GoodStuff said:

Somebody give OP her "Deputy Dawg" badge. Ending Silliness on the Internet, One Troll at a Time.

Good grief. Who gives a flip about this kind of stuff? Harmless BB silliness. No big deal.

OMG I just spit my coffee out! {#emotions_dlg.lol}