Respected Contributor

I purchased a bunch of BE shadow pots awhile back from the Outlets..along with a applicator shadow..I liked them all..no issue there.

I was at theo utlet the other day and didn't realize my go to color was almost out..not sure what the going rate for individual pots are..but I bought tons at the Outlet that time 5/$25...well they were $9.50 each the other day..but they had sets etc..

I digress. I went on Amazon looking for the color just for the heck of it..to see..and they had it $6.99 shipped with prime shipping? Why? Where would they get it for that cheap and it did not come from them..

Also, I later found another color to try for $5 bucks delivered with 2-day prime

Where are these items coming from..they are sealed and state brand new..so just wondering..

I know many companies have just for outlet products..does BE?

Frequent Contributor

They could be part of a kit or a duplicate the seller had.

Honored Contributor

I buy my off price BE or anything else from Ebay, not Amazon. Does the fact you are including Prime mean it is stocked by Amazon, or can stuff from individual sellers be included in the Prime shipping? With Ebay people buy from the BE outlet, BE online when stuff is closed out, and kits from QVC. So I'm guessing its the same? Meaning the price can be anything the seller feels like charging.

Respected Contributor

Thanks!

Now another silly question....lol

Why do the lids/caps have different colors. One is black and the other is blue? Is it different lines?

I have quite a few mineral eye shadow pots and love them..not sure why they are not my go to ones..probably due to the drippings/mess lol.

Regular Contributor
On 4/8/2015 CouponQueen said:

Why do the lids/caps have different colors. One is black and the other is blue? Is it different lines?

Most of the regular pots are black, but there are many styles from over the years, with different logos on the top (some older ones say i.d. for "identity", most now say bareMinerals), and the pots themselves have many small variations also, including whether or not there's a sifter inside. If there's an outer seal, be especially careful opening them, as there may be a lot of loose product inside with a sifter.

The different colored lids are from special kits and collections over the years. The pale aqua blue might be from the Sea Yourself collection (Serenity, Reflection, Energy). There have been a lot of silver and gold lids, as well as embossed lids (Perfect Gift - Magnifique and Crème de la Crème, along with several other from the AD sets), lids with actual pink ribbons and a pink swirl design on them (Frills and Satin Ruffle from the Beyond Gorgeous collection), and there was a set of Pearl themed kits from QVC (Beautiful in Pearls) with creamy beige lids. There were sets with hot pink and red lids, too. The blush lids and brush handles often matched the lids in the various kits. Hope that helps!

ETA: BE puts together outlet kits, using items that they still have in overstock, but they don't manufacture actual products that are only found at the outlets, just new configurations of existing items. Did that make sense?

Additionally, the BE bareMinerals outlets have some amazing sales from time to time; Black Friday (that whole week) and usually monthly around holidays there are terrific specials, and sometimes percentages off, so various products could be bought for much less than regular outlet (much less retail) pricing. There are some excellent deals available on Amazon, some as previously mentioned from private collectors. "We", the schparkle junkies, have been know to buy two of things we liked a lot, including entire kits, and then never opened some of them (because we kept buying new offerings, and could seldom use up the first of any item), so "we" now have a lot of extras to sell on ebay or Amazon. There are also BE retailers on Amazon who appear to have the exact same inventory and pricing as the Bare Escentuals website, so it pays to check around for the best price points.

Also, I was wondering what your favorite colors are?

Honored Contributor

Sign yourself up for BE emails direct from the site. They won't bug you unnecessarily, but some of their close out prices on kits and groupings like five eyeliners are real steals. And sometimes they have free shipping as well. Check early in the day, as things are sold out quickly and the sales last only one day.

Contributor
What is ""a applicator shadow""?
Super Contributor

I think she meant a shadow brush?

Super Contributor

Also I agree that the pots with different lids may have come from kits that have been broken up to sell at outlets or wherever you're buying them.