Trusted Contributor

Question to those who purchased Calista Perfector

[ Edited ]

Are  you happy with it? Does it do what you wanted it to do? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Question to those who purchased Calista Perfector

I have to say, I love mine! I own 2 sizes for my heavily layered, wavy frizzy below my shoulders to my collarbone hair.....in other words, problematic hair! I will admit though, there was a learning curve for me, it took awhile to get the hang of using it. Ultimately, it gives me shine, body and is now easy to use. I find it particularly great on 2nd day hair! It assists in giving me beachy waves that are not out of control as my hair is prone to be! They were a great purchase for me.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I have two and absolutely love both of them.  Actually, I have used this type of hair styling tool for years and years.  I decided to try the Perfector because of the ionic technology.  The Conair I was using has a metal barrel and I if I wasn't careful, I would burn myself.  No burns with the Perfector.  I have wavy baby fine hair and a curling iron with a clamp fries the ends.  I have no split ends and no frizzies.  My hair is not quite shoulder length and is cut in a stacked bob.   I have the one inch for soft loose waves and body and the three quarter inch if I want extra waves and curls on top or the sides.  If you are not use to using this type of styling tool, there is a bit of a learning curve.  It is a great product for my hair.

Respected Contributor

Yes - I am very happy with the Perfector. I have short straight layered hair and use the 1" barrel. I like that you can't burn yourself with it. I would definitely buy another if mine ever quits working. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have mixed feelings.  I have fine, stick-straight hair with absolutely no body, & I keep it fairly short because I no longer want to spend a lot of time fussing with it.

IMHO:

Pros:  True that it doesn't burn my hand, hair, or scalp.  It does help smooth out "bed head" areas on sides.  I think it might put a little shine in my hair.  Not sure since it's mostly grey.

Cons:  Barrel is too big even though I got the smaller of the 2 offered (1").  I've heard they have one with a 3/4" barrel, but haven't been able to find one.  I've read in these forums of others getting body in their hair when they use this device, but it sure doesn't have that effect on my hair, unless I also use styling product.

Contributor

I also have two of the sizes and LOVE them ! They are super easy to use and the curl lasts even in the SC humidity. I use one of them every day to add some curl to my medium length hair.

Honored Contributor

The first or second time I used mine (the first one that came out) I had a little mishap.  That taught me a big lesson about not taking my eyes off it, about not rolling the section of hair all the way down to the scalp, and not moving around while it was in my hair.  After that, it was a breeze to use and I'm very happy with it.  I'm thinking about getting a second one for when my current one eventually konks out.

I get the best results when I use the Calista Tools Complete Texturizing Spray.

Trusted Contributor

I like mine and use it when I want to add some curl to my hair.  Initially, I was not using it properly, so I went back and watched the video.  Made a big difference. 

Contributor

Haven't purchased it..hope someone can help! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VCamp2748 wrote:

I have mixed feelings.  I have fine, stick-straight hair with absolutely no body, & I keep it fairly short because I no longer want to spend a lot of time fussing with it.

IMHO:

Pros:  True that it doesn't burn my hand, hair, or scalp.  It does help smooth out "bed head" areas on sides.  I think it might put a little shine in my hair.  Not sure since it's mostly grey.

Cons:  Barrel is too big even though I got the smaller of the 2 offered (1").  I've heard they have one with a 3/4" barrel, but haven't been able to find one.  I've read in these forums of others getting body in their hair when they use this device, but it sure doesn't have that effect on my hair, unless I also use styling product.

I too have fine, thin and poker straight hair.  I bought this and it did nothing for my hair if it was just washed and dried.  And I always use styling product.  It wouldn't even put a bend in my hair.

The only time it did anything for me was on second day hair that had product build-up. Then I could get some curl or use it to smooth my hair after sleeping on it.

Notice they always use models with super thick hair and their hair is almost always already styled and they are just going back over it.