Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Question for WEN users about scents in hair care products

Hi WENners! So I was taking a shower the other day and in my Birchbox I got a sample of Macadamia natural Oil deep treatment so I thought I'd try it since I could still use WEN with it. Okay I opened the packet and wow it was strong scented! I did not even end up using it.

Well, I use to love love love scents in my shampoos and conditioners and would pick out shampoos and conditioners based on ingredients AND scent- I loved a really scented shampoo/conditioner. I absolutely KNOW I would have LOVED the scent of that deep treatment pre-WEN because it was a nice enough scent and I don't even think it is stronger than the other shampoos/conditioners I use to use. But I think now, since using WEN and how the scent doesn't linger and is more natural/aromatherapy type scents, I cannot stand regular shampoo and conditioners. When I was at the store, I even sniffed some of the ones I used to use alot (Pureology, Frederik fekkai, ojon, etc) and I no longer enjoyed the scents!

So I ask, has anyone else who used to love traditional shampoo/conditioner scents now find them too cloying and just too much? I even thought I don't want my hair lingering with the scents like that, which is another shocker for me! I am finding that I now much prefer the very light, aromatherapeutic scents WEN has. Anyone else like me?