Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Josie's Argan Oil??

I've ordered from her website and it's usually free shipping at $25 and they usually throw in some samples

Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, The argan oil left my skin drier after use, go figure!

I just ordered Dr. Denese's Lipid Power Infusion and hope this will work better.   It has gotten many great reviews and always sells out.  I also just ordered Le Mer The Concentrate to use in conjunction with the face cream, with the hope that it will give even more moisture at night and whenever needed.  The Le Mer Concentrate also has gotten glowing reviews.  I love the face moisturizer, nothing has worked better for me.  It's an investment, but a good one when the product works.

Spoiler

Super Contributor

I've only been using it a few days now, but I put moisturizer over top of it because my face did feel dry with just the Argan oil on it. Using the two together is really hydrating.
I'm more curious to know how long a 1.7 ounce bottle will last? That's going to determine if I continue to buy it or not.
Respected Contributor

I have used  Josie's oil for a long time... 2x a day & sometimes more, so I use quit a bit.

I order the large size when she has it and have never had it go bad..Nothing has ever done more for my skin that Josie's products..

I also put some of her argan milk on my hands at night and put the oil on top before bed, they look awsome I think for "Grammy" hands...Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Do you know when she does the 6oz bottle? Is it 1 time a year? What month?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

That woman must be a zillionaire by now.  It seems like she's on QVC several times a week!  Good grief!  I thought this stuff from the nut was limited.  It must grow really fast is all I'm saying.

Remember when she used to tell the story and then imitate the woman?  I thought that was funny....

She greases herself up so much during the demonstrations, I don't see how she keeps from sliding right off of the floor!  She looks really slippery when she finishes.  

@Annabellethecat66 ~ the product just looks so greasy on the skin,

I couldn't stand that feeling.  Just how much gets absorbed without you looking like the last sardine lying in a can of oil?  JM is a slick $argan-naire$ 

Trusted Contributor

It is hard for me to find a skin care cream for my body and Josie's is nothing special for me at all..........very disappointed.  It seems like people found another oil from JOJOBA oil that was so ON GO for a long time now all these other oils.........my skin is not softer at all.........

Trusted Contributor

Why not purchase organic cold-pressed argan oil from another source?  There are several brands you can purchase online or at health food stores.  Usually $15 an ounce.  You're paying for a name brand celebrity whose product is identical to other pure argan oils.

Honored Contributor

@shiloh 81 wrote:
I've only been using it a few days now, but I put moisturizer over top of it because my face did feel dry with just the Argan oil on it. Using the two together is really hydrating.
I'm more curious to know how long a 1.7 ounce bottle will last? That's going to determine if I continue to buy it or not.

@shiloh 81, if you're using say, three or four drops for your face, etc., two times a day, I would say that a 1.7 bottle would last you at at least a couple months if not more. But it is so hard to judge. Why not write down the date you started with this bottle so that you will know in the future?

BTW, it's better if you put your moisturizer on first and then seal it in with the oil. You are right that if your skin is dry that you need moisture. Oil is not moisture, but it does do a good job of helping your skin not to lose what your moisturizer is doing for you -- if that makes sense.

I happen to agree with the poster who susggested a less expensive cold-pressed, organic oil Shea Terra Organics is excellent. It's fair trade as well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@shiloh 81 wrote:

@shiloh 81, if you're using say, three or four drops for your face, etc., two times a day, I would say that a 1.7 bottle would last you at at least a couple months if not more. But it is so hard to judge. Why not write down the date you started with this bottle so that you will know in the future?

BTW, it's better if you put your moisturizer on first and then seal it in with the oil. You are right that if your skin is dry that you need moisture. Oil is not moisture, but it does do a good job of helping your skin not to lose what your moisturizer is doing for you -- if that makes sense.

I happen to agree with the poster who susggested a less expensive cold-pressed, organic oil Shea Terra Organics is excellent. It's fair trade as well.

Yes to this. Josie and QVC sell argan oil as a moisturizer and it keeps winning awards for best moisturizer, which adds to the confusion.