Esteemed Contributor

Re: Quality brushes That are Affordable? anyone?

Sigma can only be bought online. Their shipping is high because I believe they are a foreign company. If you do a search you can find a 20 per cent discount code.
Super Contributor

On 10/16/2014 croemer said:

elf studio has some very good quality brushes.

--I second elf and some available for $1-3...a steal. Also like Real Tech. mentioned already. Sonia K from Target has a couple of my fav. brushes. I like several It brushes, but more costly-try and get from the Q and get with a product if you use It Cosm. or a set (previous years there have been holiday sets). If I were to make my own 'SnowKita's Brush Collection' it would include several lines. Although I have several of Mally's, none I can think of are real fav's. ~smiles, SnowKita
Respected Contributor

Sonia K @ Target brushes are really nice for the price. You might check Sephora from time to time. I picked up some really nice Japanese brushes-can't think of the name right now-for a very reasonable price on clearance. Also Hautelook has sets from Crown Brush pretty often.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you Ladies for making me look for other brands. The first listing, while I entered Real Techniques , was a six piece Heavenly Luxe brush collection from IT Cosmetics for $39.95 on Prime! The lovely concealer and foundation and shadow brushes are all in there. Since IT was your second choice and I've not tried them I used your experience to make an " informed" decision. I'll have them Saturday! Thanks so very much!
Respected Contributor

On 10/16/2014 InGOT said: Thank you Ladies for making me look for other brands. The first listing, while I entered Real Techniques , was a six piece Heavenly Luxe brush collection from IT Cosmetics for $39.95 on Prime! The lovely concealer and foundation and shadow brushes are all in there. Since IT was your second choice and I've not tried them I used your experience to make an " informed" decision. I'll have them Saturday! Thanks so very much!

The IT brushes with the black handles are far superior. The there are two other styles. The ones that are mostly silver are the least desirable. The ones with a gray handle are the middle of the road ones.

It makes sense to order IT cosmetics and buy the products that come with the brushes. You will note that then the brush will cost very little. That's the best way to get a good set.

The IT set you purchased does not have black handles and therefore are good but certainly not the best It brushes.

Trusted Contributor

IT cosmetics doesn't offer one single product in my color. Purchasing a QVC item would cost much more, then I'd have to throw the product out. It's the same set offered here without the stand so I doubt it's substandard. Same number of hairs per brush, same great shapes. And it is certainly better than what I have now. I have beautiful sets with original Kabuki brush from Lauren Hutton. But can't use them with cremes. I have one Chanel eye shadow brush but I also paid sixty dollars for it and even that one is for powders. The IT brushes are made for the consistency of the anti aging , nourishing products I am using now. I also have a whole drawer of BE brushes. Great for BE but I don't use BE anymore. So here's hoping.
Respected Contributor

On 10/16/2014 InGOT said: Thank you Ladies for making me look for other brands. The first listing, while I entered Real Techniques , was a six piece Heavenly Luxe brush collection from IT Cosmetics for $39.95 on Prime! The lovely concealer and foundation and shadow brushes are all in there. Since IT was your second choice and I've not tried them I used your experience to make an " informed" decision. I'll have them Saturday! Thanks so very much!

when Ulta has a special BOGO 1/2 price is the time to get them. I have 2 of the real techniques expert face brushes and they are my absolute favorites. I had a Dior that I paid a whole lot more for and isn't nearly as nice as my Real Techniques expert face brush which I think I paid $16 or $17 for one but BOGO 1/2 off is a better deal. All I use though is this one but did get a smaller set with a shadow brush, concealer brush and forget what other one but rarely use them but LOVE this expert face brush RT.

QVC doesn't sell real technique brushes.

Sonia K from Target would be my second choice.

Trusted Contributor

thanks for the idea. I don't have a way to get out to shop but I still have my Ulta card and they just might have a website. I do have to say, however, the IT concealer brush and Mally's brushes are first class. I compare them to my Chanel which is top of the line. I still have the first makeup brush brought to QVC, can't remember the name but everybody said the guy was nuts, a brush to put on foundation? Now look. he was just ahead of his time for the Q audience. Its the best whole face brush I've ever seen including Prescriptives, Mac, Borghese, BB....... Why we don't have that brand anymore I wonder? But we don't have Yves Rocher Saturdays either, talk about affordable, good skin care!

Anyway- thank you, I'll check Ulta if they're online.

Contributor

Real Techniques!!!! You can get them at Ulta. There are always buy one get one 50% off deals as well as the $3.50 off ten coupons. If buying a lot you can split it up into separate orders and use more than on coupon that way too. Those come in the Sunday paper or can print it off the website too. I LOVE there brushes and the orange sponge that is just as good as the beauty blender!

Esteemed Contributor

Several ladies here have recommended the e.l.f. brushes -- I bought one and the bristles started falling out the first time I used it. Tossed it within a month.

I fell in love with the IT brushes - especially the black double-ended one! They are so packed with zillions of soft bristles, nothing compares to IT brushes in my opinion. I got the first one in a kit and collected the rest (and many duplicates) from ebay. I kind of hoard IT brushes now.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt