Trusted Contributor

QVC canceled my Dr. D's Wake-Up Call kit

Ugh!!!!  I'm not happy that the Q cancelled my Dr. D's Wake-Up Call kit.  I have had that A/D since Feb. 2008 and loved it.  I know that I am not the only one who received this e-mail. 

The Q sent me an e-mail stating:

"We'd like to inform you that the following plan has been canceled because we can no longer support this item on Auto-Delivery. All future shipments have been discontinued. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I wonder what other ones that will be cancelled - I have had a A/D for Dr. P's moisturizer since '08  which comes 2X's a year and an A/D WEN 5 piece CC - 16 oz. since '10, which comes 2X's a year. 

Oh well, it was good while it lasted ... I will just have to keep checking Dr. D's specials.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC canceled my Dr. D's Wake-Up Call kit

wow over 8 years with the same AD!! That is amazing- I had no idea they had ADs for that long. I thought the ADs were only a couple years at the most.

Trusted Contributor

I'm surprised you received it for this long.  Dr. Denese has great discounts in November and December.  Something like 30%-50% off.  I purchased her Retinol for about $30.  QVC sells the same product, same size for $88. 

Better yet, try Paula's Choice.  Great products for less money.  In fact, I'm desperately trying to finish said retinol on my neck so I can solely use PC.  You'd think a one ounce size would go quickly.  Alas, it is not.  Bummers. 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

wow over 8 years with the same AD!! That is amazing- I had no idea they had ADs for that long. I thought the ADs were only a couple years at the most.

@HappyDaze In the good old days the A/D's had no end - it was for as long as you remain in the plan (or they decide to stop it), which they have done to me with Dr. Denese. It stinks.

Respected Contributor

I didn't know there were AD plans for that long. I've never stayed on AD for long anyway because I want to be using the latest skincare. It's constantly improving and I found myself stacked up with product every time I was on AD. And worse, having to toss product that got old. I doubt I will ever need to order dr denese face serum the rest of my life. Ugh.
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze, @Shaunac, @MomCat, as @Valstybaby stated "In the good old days the A/D's had no end - it was for as long as you remain in the plan (or they decide to stop it), which they have done to me with Dr. Denese. It stinks"

Yes, it does 'stink' ... I have had a number of A/D kits that were "as long as you stayed on the plan", but slowly but surely the Q keeps wiping them out.  This new standard for A/D plan started a couple of years ago - that all of the A/D plans have a limited time or for a number of deliveries.   As for now, I will enjoy the ones that are there for as long as I have them.  Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Did they cancel the kit completely?   Or just the auto-delivery?  Just curious - what was in this kit?  I don't seem to remember it.

Trusted Contributor

@gonnab, the Q stated in the e-mail that they could no longer support this item on A/D.   I checked to see if this was still available, however at this time this kit is no longer listed in the Dr. D's items on the Q - probably canceled this configuration.  This kit complimented the other Dr. D's kits I have/had been receiving at a great price & making it very easy not to have to order individual items - paying for each at a higher price w/ S&H and tax added. 

This Wake-Up Call contained:

From Dr. Denese.

• Each shipment includes 8-oz NEW resurface and glow treatment face wash, 1.5 oz SPF 30 defense day cream, 0.5 oz NEW SPF 30 defense eye cream, and 2-oz triple-strength neck wrinkle smoother
  • 20 bonus advanced firming facial pads in first shipment only
  • Each shipment will be billed separately at the above price, plus shipping and handling and any applicable taxes, for as long as you remain in the plan; no obligation to continue the plan; cancel anytime

Not alot of items, but like I said these complimented what I am/was receiving and the price was great.