Occasional Contributor

Re: QVC FINALLY DID IT-I'LL NEVER BUY PHILOSOPHY PRODUCTS AS OF TODAY.

I AGREE, IM WATCHING MUCH LESS OF QVC FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS, ALL YOU SEE IF VITAMIX, IT MAKEUP, BEDS, DELL, IPADS, ETC.

AND ALL CLOTHING HAS GONE UP BY 35% AT LEAST.  SAME OLD CHRISTMAS STUFF AS LAST YEAR.  I LIKE THE FOOD SHOWS, BUT SICK OF RIBS FROM CORKYS AND KANSAS CITY STEAKS,  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY, THEY NEED TO BRING ON SOME NEW ITEMS, NEW VENDORS, NEW HOSTS, AND LESS SHOWING OF THE TVS'S. 

Respected Contributor

I really wanted to read your post but it was too small and with the color I could not read it. 

Trusted Contributor

I like to watch the Philosophy shows.  They are soothing to me.  That is my "me" time.  Now, on the days the Q features computers, Apple, Dyson, mattresses and the like, I just don't watch QVC.  No complaints, I simply change the channel until a day arrives when shows interest me again. 

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I would very much like to have read the OP's post, but the print is much too small for me.  Sorry.

I agree, between the tiny font & the color, I couldn't read it either, my eyes gave out and I have 20/25 vision.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I just don't watch that much Q.  I check the program guide and tune in for what interests me.  Said and done.  There is no reason to tune in to something I don't want to watch and complain about it. later.

Regular Contributor

How about turning the TV off? I used to have it on all day in the background and it's a very bad habit. I'd much rather listen to NPR or music, or even just have some quiet.
Esteemed Contributor

The OP is free to have her opinion as I am mine.

Philosophy still has me. I love that stuff. I was away at a Bar-B-Q function yesterday, so I recorded the show. Yes, I admit it. I actually record the shows and watch them later.  When, I arrived home last night I took a nice soothing shower, my shower gel of choice last night was "The Snowman". Effervescent scent, lots of suds. I was in shower heaven.

My love is not only for Philosophy, I also love Korres, and Perlier.

Korres, in fact has a TS tonight and I will be recording those shows as well.

I personally only watch and record shows that I wish to view. Therefore, I do not become upset when something comes on the television that I do not wish to view.

Honored Contributor

While I will gladly admit that most of QVC's shows are like watching non-stop TV RE-RUNS,   I find it rather odd that some people actually think this channel is somehow for "entertainment"!!

Please note .............  this is a channel whose primary goal is to SELL  ......  

if you need something on for "background", buy a RADIO.

Honored Contributor

I guess I better read this post, I thought.  Philosophy must have done something TERRIBLE to warrant such drama.  Broken anti-trust laws, killed a kitten, fired an employee dying of cancer, or something.  No, poster is just bored.  Dear OP, may I suggest another shopping channel to keep you company, their are many of them now days.  I'm another one who keeps the TV on all day just to keep me company as I go about my chores.  The news is terrible, so shopping channels are my outlet, all of them.

Respected Contributor

I only purchase Philosophy once in a while now, I really like Amazing Grace but the price just went beyond what I could spend.  I rarely watch QVC, I just usually check what's on when there's a commerical on one of the other channels.