Super Contributor

I was just wondering if any of these have a minty tingle or cooling feeling on the lips? Also is the Original clear on the lips or does it give a light pink color? Would you say the Strawberry daiquiri and Boysenberry are tinted like a cherry Chapstick color ( reddish)?

Sorry so many questions but I'm very interested but it's quite expensive. I'm used to Paulas Choice Lip and Body Treatment Balm which I love but am very curious what this balm is like.

Honored Contributor

Re: Q: Skinn 6X Lip Balms

[ Edited ]

@shiloh 81 wrote:

I was just wondering if any of these have a minty tingle or cooling feeling on the lips? Also is the Original clear on the lips or does it give a light pink color? Would you say the Strawberry daiquiri and Boysenberry are tinted like a cherry Chapstick color ( reddish)?

Sorry so many questions but I'm very interested but it's quite expensive. I'm used to Paulas Choice Lip and Body Treatment Balm which I love but am very curious what this balm is like.

@shiloh 81  I haven't tried the mint Lip 6x balm yet, to say exactly how much tingle there is, if any.  Just by it being mint to begin with, I would expect at least some, but I wouldn't expect it to be overpowering.  The original is pale pink in the compact, but does not give any color on the lips.  As for the tint of the other two, look at the colors on Evine, the tint is very slight in the color of each particular balm - red for the strawberry, berry for the boysenberry.  I can't speak to the color of a Chapstick because I've never used it.  

Honored Contributor

Just bought the TTV set of 4 lip balms last week or so. Mine has an original, mint, mango & strawberry daiquiri. Have not tried the boysenberry. The strawberry does have a red tint to it. Just used the mango & did not notice any tint. No cool feeling from those. I have not tried the other 2 yet. I would not pay $28 for 1. Wait until the holidays & there should be another deal. I paid around $32 with shipping for the set of 4. 

Respected Contributor

Boysenberry and strawberry both have a light tint, as you might imagine, @shiloh 81 .  Neither is reddish, but soft tints.  The others are even lighter and don't color the lip. They are not meant to color particularly. The mint is only slightly mint-flavored but does not linger or tingle.  These are not meant to "plump" as much as to provide a cushiony, emollient layer against dryness and weather conditions.  HTH'sWoman Happy

The Lip 6X Serum is more for plumping.

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Super Contributor
Thanks, I was hoping it was more for Moisturizing, I don't care about plumping. I just didn't want it to irritate or dry out my lips. I was hoping for a touch of color but not cherry red lips. I don't really wear makeup, other than mascara and lip balm so I didn't want my lips to jump out at anyone (lol). Is it a thick formula? Is it tacky?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's cushiony...not slippery though, @shiloh 81 .  It's a balm so it is thick. It's in a compact...not a tube component.  This balm is LOVED by those who use it.  It has better staying power than others most of us have used so the benefits don't leave with the balm. The only negative I hear is for certain potential users the finger application is a turnoff.  HTH'sWoman Happy

Skinn Cosmetics Set of Four Assorted Scent Lip 6X Balms 0.27 oz Each - 311-786

The reviews are just starting to come in so you can check them out and there's a video which should answer any other questions for you. 

As others have recommended should you decide you wish to purchase, wait until closer to the holidays.  Dimitri always puts out a kit similar in price/configuration to the one offered in his last visit in November/December.  Woman Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

@shiloh 81 wrote:
Thanks, I was hoping it was more for Moisturizing, I don't care about plumping. I just didn't want it to irritate or dry out my lips. I was hoping for a touch of color but not cherry red lips. I don't really wear makeup, other than mascara and lip balm so I didn't want my lips to jump out at anyone (lol). Is it a thick formula? Is it tacky?

@shiloh 81  I don't notice a huge amount of plumping with this so don't think you're going to look like someone socked you in the mouth.  You will defintely get moisturizing benefits without any irritation.  Many lip products on the market, like Chapstick, set you up on a vicious cycle because there are actually ingredients in the Chapstick that end up drying your lips out.  Then you apply more Chapstick and the cycle repeats itself.  I know someone who is on that track.  I swear she's reapplying the Chapstick 15 times a day, over and over again, almost as if it's a compulsive behavior or something.  The Skinn Lip 6x Balm is nothing like that.  There's beeswax in it, but it doesn't feel waxy at all.  Cushiony, as @Gokat described it, is a good word.  Lips feel soft without being slippery or sticky.  As the product wears off you don't even notice it's gone because your lips continue to feel soft.  I'd recommend that you find just one on eBay to try.  Then you'll know if you like it or not.  If you do, you can plan to purchase your set later this year.

Super Contributor

I have the 4 pack of balms.  I just went in to try the "mint" for the first time.  I'm not sure how to describe how it feels -- not tingly but it does have a slight sensation (not unpleasant).  My lips have a light pinkish color now which makes them look healthier.  I'll check later to see how long the color lasts.

I do like the Skinn 6X balms that I have been using.

Super Contributor
Thank you guys so much. I love these forums, all my questions are answered with detailed description. I was thinking of getting one eBay, just not sure which one yet. 😘
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shiloh 81 wrote:

Another HUGE fan of D's lip 6x balms! Not tingly at all...not really plumping but highly moisturizing and I have had severely dry lips since my teens (thanks accutane!) I used to use Vaseline/Carmex type balms...little did I know they make it worse...his balms are spectacular! I NEVER have dry lips now...no crusty dry skin pieces that you bite off ( UGH HATED THAT) The strawberry daquiri and boysenberry are colored in the pot but don't deposit color like a lipstick or gloss would...they are the best balms period! You must find one on Ebay and get it...then wait until December (where there may be new flavors if my suggestions on his FB are answered lol) and get a 4 pack (or 2 like the rest of us Woman Very Happy) I bet ya will be hooked! Woman Wink