Honored Contributor

Q Has a New IN-House Brand...ILLUSTRA BEAUTY

I received an email for the pre-sale of tonight's TSV ILLUSTRA BEAUTY Heated Brush. I've never heard of this brand so I did a search and found that this is a new brand exclusive to the Q. According to what I read this brand includes electric hair appliances and not anything else that I could find (correct me if I'm wrong). 

I am looking forward to seeing more products from this new line.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Q Has a New IN-House Brand...ILLUSTRA BEAUTY

[ Edited ]

I saw the info on the TSV Preview so I tried to do a search online.  Could find nothing!!  Interested to find out what's in the line.

Respected Contributor

Not interested in anything "made especially for QVC". I found from experience that when they say made for QVC it's usually made cheaply IMHO. 

Respected Contributor

Hmm..  I wonder what the price will be considering the DAFNI version is over $100.  I think these type of gadgets are a dime a dozen on Amazon and eBay, so I don't know if one is really better than the next. I've never felt like I wanted to try one. 

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

Hmm..  I wonder what the price will be considering the DAFNI version is over $100.  I think these type of gadgets are a dime a dozen on Amazon and eBay, so I don't know if one is really better than the next. I've never felt like I wanted to try one. 

@wvumountiefan,

The pre-sale email I got for the heated brush was I think around 45-50....I deleted my email so I can't give you an exact figure. I remember it had like five or six Easy Pays with the pre-sale link.

tsv_20161021.jpg

Regular Contributor

Yes, it's $49.98 and on 6 easy pays.  Seems to have a few good features like different heat settings.  I won't buy for myself as I have straight hair already but maybe for a gift.  I'll have to watch the live demos.

Respected Contributor

This looks like one of the copy cat brushes that has silicon/hard tips that can catch hair. There are several clone types on Amazon for this price range. I have super fine hair, so the tips are a problem for catching my hair. I went with the Dafni from the Q and couldn't be happier. I haven't got any of my short hair caught. I have a short bob/long pixie and use it to smooth it straight from air drying while I sleep. You do need to move slow compared to just brushing your hair so that it can do its thing. Bad user reviews are from many who are just brushing their hair like normal and not letting the heat straighten things out.
Valued Contributor

I bought a similar verison from HSN and sent it back. It does not glide through the hair, it pulls, and snags. Silly me thought it would be brush like with bendable bristles, it is hard plastic nubs. 

Honored Contributor

I bought the Dafani when it was on for $100+, i recently return that and bought a similar one for less than half, on Jill's Steals and Deals on the Today show.I like the fact that the new one has variable temps.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

I have the Dafni and love it.  I don't think the results look as good with this one.  The Dafni was worth every penny I paid for it.  Don't trust a made for qvc product