Respected Contributor

Re: Product to cover redness?

@Lilysmom wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

It products works for me - It Bye Bye Pores & It CC SPF coverage/foundation.  These are the only 2 It products I swear by, the only ones I need under BE mineral foundation.

BTW, I used to use DermaBlend YEARS ago. Unless they've changed the formulation, I found it to be heavy, a bit too much.

@PINKdogWOOD, I would make the same observation about DermaBlend.  It does give that full coverage but I found it very thick and I had a bad reaction to it.  LM

Dermablend cover cream is full coverage and it is heavy. It is recommended for

• Birthmarks
  • Bruising
  • Burns
  • Hyperpigmentation
  • Lupus
  • Post-operative concerns
  • Scars
  • Vitiligo
Honored Contributor

It depends on the type of redness.

For all-over redness, I recommend a color-correcting primer in green or yellow and a yellow-based foundation. You can also use a color-correcting primer or concealer only where it's needed instead of all over.

You may also want to look into a skincare line that works to help prevent redness. Paula's Choice makes a line called Calm that works to help prevent redness from Rosacea and other causes.

Respected Contributor

I've had rosacea for years and covering redness is a priority for me.  I don't want full coverage anymore, I prefer just to even out my skintone.  I have never found the green concealers to be effective for me.  The yellow is best - like SCA Industrial Strength Yellow.  I also use MAC Studio Fix NC20 prior to my L'Oreal True Match foundation.  It works beautifully at covering the redness, very much like a concealer would.  It's actually a foundation so you could use that as an all-in-one.

I found the IT Celebration foundation to be worthless on my face.  No coverage.

Regular Contributor

Yellow works the best for me because it's more natural looking. Yellow based foundations really tone down the redness, but it's sometimes kind of hard to find the right shade that isn't too light or too dark. Stila, Tarte, Bobbi Brown, Benefit, and Bourjois are some that have yellowish shades. IT hasn't worked very well for me due to breakouts.

Honored Contributor

Dermablend is considered to be the best at covering skin abnormalities.  It was developed by the medical profession to cover scars and deep red port wine stains.  It is far better than any cosmetic product.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

It products works for me - It Bye Bye Pores & It CC SPF coverage/foundation.  These are the only 2 It products I swear by, the only ones I need under BE mineral foundation.

BTW, I used to use DermaBlend YEARS ago. Unless they've changed the formulation, I found it to be heavy, a bit too much.

@PINKdogWOOD, I would make the same observation about DermaBlend.  It does give that full coverage but I found it very thick and I had a bad reaction to it.  LM

You should try thinning it with moisturizer to sheer it out.  This works wel and can stretch the makeup to your coverage desire and just make it last longer.

Super Contributor

I have huge redness on my cheeks and chin,( rosacea) so it always looked like I had no idea how to put blush on. I have tried several products...including dermablend, and the yellow and green stuff. All of these things just made my redness worse. Last year I gave the It cc cream with spf a shot and have never looked back. I use the bye bye undereye where the redness is splotchy and then the cc cream over it. One trick I have found is not to actually rub in the cc cream, but to put an even layer on and let it soak in, if that makes sense. For a moisturizer I use marula oil or cerAve in the jar as I have really really dry skin. I will be trying the new it bye bye foundation once I run out of the cc cream.

Valued Contributor

Glad I asked -- I will check your suggestions out.  Good to know there are such products out there.

Thanks again, everybody.  I really appreciate it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Julie_23 wrote:

Glad I asked -- I will check your suggestions out.  Good to know there are such products out there.

Thanks again, everybody.  I really appreciate it.

@Julie_23, yes, some very good info here.