Contributor

Hi, 

I just found out QVC does not return your original postage when you return a product. They said it was to cut down on returns. Does everyone know about this but me?

Respected Contributor

Yes, they stopped doing that for quite some time now.  Of course, if the item was defective or it was an error on QVC's part, I believe you would be refunded.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Contributor

I have already cut down on buying since postage got high and the products cost so much more but this will really cut down on what I buy. I hope others who do not know will see these messages and start to complain.

Honored Contributor

@zinky  I can't say with certainty how long it's been, but I want to say close to a year, if not more.  Customers were complaining about the high shipping costs so QVC lowered them, but in doing so they also changed policy on refunding the original shipping on returns.  I can't blame them.  It costs and someone has to pay it.  It's not right that QVC should have to take the hit when someone orders the wrong size or just changes their mind.  Customers can't have it both ways.

Respected Contributor

@zinky oh there were many complaints at the time.  I think that's when they change most of the S&H on small items and clothing to $3 and $5.  Guess that was supposed to make up for it. 

In order to save money, most companies will do what they need to. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

I hadn't ordered anything in a long time.  Recently I ordered an item that I had to return.  The original postage was $3 - this was a pair of fitover sunglasses.  I was charged $6.95 for the return postage.  This is why I am so hesitant to order from QVC anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

Yes, they stopped doing that for quite some time now.  Of course, if the item was defective or it was an error on QVC's part, I believe you would be refunded.

@Karnerblue That is correct. I have returned an item that was defective and they did not charge me postage. Also, one time I received the wrong color from what I ordered. Again, no charge for postage.

Respected Contributor

That change really made me cut down on shopping.

Honored Contributor

The shipping/return changes were made in February 2015.  They are no longer new.

Honored Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

I hadn't ordered anything in a long time.  Recently I ordered an item that I had to return.  The original postage was $3 - this was a pair of fitover sunglasses.  I was charged $6.95 for the return postage.  This is why I am so hesitant to order from QVC anymore. 

@Catty2  You could have taken those sunglasses to the post office and paid the return postage.  I'm sure it would have been a lot less than $6.95.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment