Contributor

Please help ~ Oily scalp / lifeless hair

I've been using WEN for over 6 months now ~ I use TT and CA mostly, but have used all of them at some point. The problem I am having is my hair VERY oily after a few hours. It basically just falls totally flat and holds no style at all.

My current regime is: Use either TT or CA - 1 whole pump from the gallon, wash and rinse really well. Another full pump from gallon, wash and let sit on hair until end of shower. Rinse really well. While my hair is still soaking wet I use a tiny amount of cc as a leave in to ends only (I don't go near my roots at all). Then I add 1/2 pump of styling creme to ends of hair only (again, staying away from my roots).

While my hair is still wet, I add the mouse (probably less than 1 full pump), mostly to my length. I have added some to my roots for volume and it doesn't seem to make it more oily, nor does it give me volume. I've tried the volumizing spray but that seems to make my hair VERY static prone so I don't like using it.

I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I love the condition my hair is in ~ no split ends, very healthy and re-growth like crazy! I don't want to give up my WEN but I need to stop this oil production and have style to my hair. I'm getting depressed at this point.

Please help!!! Can anyone think of anything I can do or do I really need to give up my WEN? Thanks in advance!