Valued Contributor
Sweet Serenity- I get what you mean. PS, fillers, injections: they always look fake to me. Many on here always argue the opposite. Every has their own outlook on things.

Bobbi Brown says the same: you always look like you have work done.

I look at so many celebrities and think: why?? You don't look good. You look plastic and fake.
Esteemed Contributor

@sassenach1 wrote:
Sweet Serenity- I get what you mean. PS, fillers, injections: they always look fake to me. Many on here always argue the opposite. Every has their own outlook on things.

Bobbi Brown says the same: you always look like you have work done.

I look at so many celebrities and think: why?? You don't look good. You look plastic and fake.

No, actually she didn't. This is Bobbi Browns quote on plastic surgery.

I am not against plastic surgery; I've seen it do amazing things for women. What I am against is the abuse of plastic surgery. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

I find it so very sad that women put themselves through this. What is wrong with a wrinkle here and there? Whats wrong with the aging process? You're fooling yourself if you think you'll come out of it "looking natural" and "well rested". Plastic surgery will always make you look altered. Embrace yourselves ladies! Woman Happy

You are so mistaken @ID2, plastic surgery will not always make you look altered. I know for sure you pass the majority of women everyday  who have had plastic surgery and you don't  even know it. I know this because I work for a plastic surgeon and I would pass these women without knowing they have had plastic surgery.  Bad plastic surgery will make you look altered, good plastic surgery makes you look rested and younger. They are embracing themselves. 

A lot of my friends have gone this route and not one of them look like themselves....even in the hands of world renowned surgeons on Park Ave. Now they all have started looking to do more with their appearance because once you do one thing, something else stands out that needs to be done. One of my girlfriends says no matter how many injections she puts in her hands, they still look old to her. All of us are in our 60's.

There is a certain show host that left here and her surgeon friend that look like they have gone beyond just tweaking a few things. I am beginning to find them unrecognizable so I get what Serenity is saying....

A plastic surgeon that continues to work on a person who has a distorted view of themselves and works on them anyway is unethical. I work in this industry and I have a hard time believing that ALL of your friends look like they have had something done. Even average to good surgeons do good work that is not detected by others. Your friend that says no matter how many injections she has she looks olds needs a therapist, not a plastic surgeon and no ethical dr would continue to work on her if she told him that. 

I am not saying I have not seen bad surgery or an overfilled and over botoxed face, I most definitely have but seeing them day in and day out they are the minority, not the majority. Around 16 million procedures done in 2015 and the great majority of these people would go completely undetected unless they told someone. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Where do you go to see all these "cat women"? ?    Really, I'm just curious.................  

More than I could possibly list here. 

I see many as well...and at the inauguration table and in groups on tv and now and then in real life but do not get out too much lately, not sure who they were but it was very 'cat looking' meaning everything was pulled up and out too much...they do not realize that less is more with surgery on the face!!!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Trusted Contributor

I know exactly what you are saying. It's very obvious. I hate it. You get use to seeing them then the nexted time you are going What!

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

FB_IMG_1471941508287.jpg

Have one for me; I can't/don't drink. I used to love vodka martinis!

Honored Contributor

Re: Plastic Surgery?

[ Edited ]

@mimi5775 wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Where do you go to see all these "cat women"? ?    Really, I'm just curious.................  

I see many as well...and at the inauguration table and in groups on tv and now and then in real life but do not get out too much lately, not sure who they were but it was very 'cat looking' meaning everything was pulled up and out too much...they do not realize that less is more with surgery on the face!!! 

Exactly! While watching the inauguration luncheon. Few seats to the left of the First Lady, Woman had that look!! Omg She! Looked awful. That's what started me thinking. 

Celebrity who has since passed away. Very well known for over doing it with surgery. Had the same problem. In the end looked freaky. I never said not to have plastic surgery. What I said and question! Why? Do so many look->👽 around the 👀
Respected Contributor

Ah, I just went to look. Wow, not good. The duck-bill botox smile. Scary. I'll take a saggy lip any day.

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Exactly! While watching the inauguration luncheon. Few seats to the left of the First Lady, Woman had that look!! Omg She! Looked awful. That's what started me thinking. 

Celebrity who has since passed away. Very well known for over doing it with surgery. Had the same problem. In the end looked freaky. I never said not to have plastic surgery. What I said and question! Why? Do so many look->👽 around the 👀

@Sweet_Serenity

yep...we have that same eye for detecting so so good 'work' done. That was the woman I spoke of too. Just tweak it sisters! here there a tweak! not all at once. I feel bad for them when I see them...I truly do.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

Re: Plastic Surgery?

[ Edited ]

I've never seen these "cat" faces other than on some celebrities and now, on some of the older YouTubers.  

I have read that when having implants, fillers, etc around the mouth area, The Joker's Smile is the biggest side affect due to how the muscles move/are placed on the face. Since so many seem to want the lips bigger, the jowls removed, the marionette lines gone and the smoker lines removed.... this makes perfect sense. I see this far more often ( and in person) than the cat face.

I suppose pulling the skin up around the eye area woud create this cat eye... but I'm not sure what, exactly they ARE doing to achieve that look. It is scary, however and it looks painful but....that's how it looks to ME.