Honored Contributor

Perricone - New Product

[ Edited ]

Have any of your seen the new Perricone product on his website? It's called DMAE Firming Pads for $80. Back in March I got his duo of just the pure Alpha Lipoic Acid and DMAE serums, which are really great. But this seems like a good way to prevent spilling of those tall very thin bottles that many of you said you experienced. Just smooth the firming pad on your clean face.

No special deal at this time, other than 10% off if you do auto delivery. I assume since it is on his website that we probably won't see it any time soon at QVC. There are 60 pads to a jar. I couldn't find any mention of whether or not you use it once a day or twice a day; however, they give you the option of having it sent every 30 days, every 60 days, or every 90 days. So am assuming you can use it once or twice a day, or everyone once in a while, depending upon your needs.

I haven't figured out the cost factor of the pads compared to the serum I have, but the convenience of the pads probably means that how I have it in the serum form is cheaper than using the pads.

Honored Contributor

World Traveler

What results are you seeing from the ALA + DMAE serum?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: Perricone - New Product

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

World Traveler

What results are you seeing from the ALA + DMAE serum?

I notice that my forehead is smoother. Although I put it everywhere on my face, that is the area that I definitely know this stuff is addressing. Expensive, but works for me. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I thought they sounded great until i read the ingredient deck . Started out great ,then it was all downhill from there. Fragrance is like 4th  then there is a menthol like ingredient. I don't understand how people in the know ruin a possible great formula. I would like to hear how people like these. But for $80, i'll pass for now.

Honored Contributor

I just ordered it last week.  I should be good to go for a review next week!  Can't wait to get it

Respected Contributor
Fragrance is a deal breaker for me. I have to pass on many products because anything with perfume will eventually break me out.
Super Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Have any of your seen the new Perricone product on his website? It's called DMAE Firming Pads for $80. Back in March I got his duo of just the pure Alpha Lipoic Acid and DMAE serums, which are really great. But this seems like a good way to prevent spilling of those tall very thin bottles that many of you said you experienced. Just smooth the firming pad on your clean face.

No special deal at this time, other than 10% off if you do auto delivery. I assume since it is on his website that we probably won't see it any time soon at QVC. There are 60 pads to a jar. I couldn't find any mention of whether or not you use it once a day or twice a day; however, they give you the option of having it sent every 30 days, every 60 days, or every 90 days. So am assuming you can use it once or twice a day, or everyone once in a while, depending upon your needs.

I haven't figured out the cost factor of the pads compared to the serum I have, but the convenience of the pads probably means that how I have it in the serum form is cheaper than using the pads.

World Traveler, it looks like you use them once a day.  I found this on the Perricone webiste under the application tab for the product:

"Dr. Perricone recommends smoothing one saturated pad all over a cleansed face, bringing down to the neck area in the morning or evening. For enhanced firming benefits, press saturated pad into skin and hold for a few seconds targeting specific areas of concern. Wait a few moments to apply your Perricone MD treatment and moisturizer."

Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:
Fragrance is a deal breaker for me. I have to pass on many products because anything with perfume will eventually break me out.
Shoekitty wrote
I have the worlds most sensitive skin.  For some reasonte fragrance inPerricone (like rose water and such) will not  break me out.  He might be wanting to cover his distinctive fish smell a few products have?

Valued Contributor

Love so many of the Perricone products but today I ordered the Peter Thomas Roth new Rose Oil with an SPF 15.....who knew an oil could/would contain an SPF.

Have been using the PTR new gold mask and I like it....use it several times a week and it is a nice quick product with no sensitivity issues for me. The last mask I tried from Perricone was too much and I had to abandone it.

Always fun to try new things!

Trusted Contributor

In general, I have found most pad type of delivery systems to be a big letdown.  I'd rather use the ingredient full strength than the diluted form found in pads.

I suspect since all skincare brands make their pads to appeal to a wide net of customers, they can't make them strong enough to really make a difference.  That has been my experience anyway.